Expression of Bcl-2 Family Proteins in the Ovarian Follicular Apparatus in the Acute Period after Experimental Hyperthermia
The expression of apoptosis regulators (proapoptotic protein Bad and anti-apoptotic protein Bcl-2) was analyzed and Bcl-2/Bad ratio in the follicular apparatus of the rat ovary was determined on day 3 after hyperthermia (rectal temperature 43.5°C). Hyperthermia in the catabolic phase leads to different degrees of activation of the molecular “switches” of apoptosis in cells of ovarian follicular epithelium. This was seen from increased intensity of immunohistochemical staining for Bad protein against the background of more pronounced expression of Bcl-2 protein. On day 3 after exposure to hyperthermia, Bcl-2/Bad ratio increased, which reflects antiapoptotic protection of cells and conditions for blockade of mitochondrial pathway of apoptosis in the follicular apparatus of the ovaries during the acute period after hyperthermia.
Key Wordsapoptosis hyperthermia ovarian follicular apparatus Bcl-2/Bad
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Michurina SV, Bochkareva AL, Belkin AD, Zhdanov AP, Bochkarev IG. Morphometric analysis of the vascular bed and yellow bodies in the ovaries at different times after the general controlled hyperthermia (experimental study). Khirurg. 2008;(6):9-13. Russian.Google Scholar
- 3.Efremov AV, Pakhomova JuV, Pakhomov EA, Ibragimov RSh, Shorina GN. Patent RU No. 2165105. Method for carrying out experimental general hyperthermy modeling in small laboratory animals. Bull. No. 10. Published April 10, 2001.Google Scholar
- 8.Dewanjee S, Dua TK, Khanra R, Das S, Barma S, Joardar S, Bhattacharjee N, Zia-Ul-Haq M, Jaafar HZ. Water Spinach, Ipomoea aquatic (Convolvulaceae), Ameliorates Lead Toxicity by Inhibiting Oxidative Stress and Apoptosis. PLoS One. 2015;10(10):e0139831. doi: https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0139831.CrossRefPubMedPubMedCentralGoogle Scholar
- 10.Stankiewicz AR, Lachapelle G, Foo CP, Radicioni SM, Mosser DD. Hsp70 inhibits heat-induced apoptosis upstream of mitochondria by preventing Bax translocation. J. Biol. Chem. 2005;280(46):38 729-38 739.Google Scholar
- 11.Sun D, Li S, Wu H, Zhang M, Zhang X, Wei L, Qin X, Gao E Oncostatin M (OSM) protects against cardiac ischaemia/reperfusion injury in diabetic mice by regulating apoptosis, mitochondrial biogenesis and insulin sensitivity. J. Cell. Mol. Med. 2015;19(6):1296-1307.Google Scholar
- 12.Tseng JK, Tang PC, Ju JC. In vitro thermal stress induces apoptosis and reduces development of porcine parthenotes. Theriogenology. 2006;66(5):1073-1082.Google Scholar
- 14.Wang Y, Chen Y, Zhang X, Cai G, An S, Wang X, Teng L, Wang D. Tricholoma matsutake Aqueous Extract Induces Hepatocellular Carcinoma Cell Apoptosis via Caspase-Dependent Mitochondrial Pathway. Biomed. Res. Int. 2016;2016:9014364. doi: https://doi.org/10.1155/2016/9014364. PubMedPubMedCentralGoogle Scholar
- 15.Yuan Y, Hao ZD, Liu J, Wu Y, Yang L, Liu GS, Tian JH, Zhu SE, Zeng SM. Heat shock at the germinal vesicle breakdown stage induces apoptosis in surrounding cumulus cells and reduces maturation rates of porcine oocytes in vitro. Theriogenology. 2008;70(2):168-178.Google Scholar