Comparative Study of Antitumor Efficiency of Intraperitoneal and Intravenous Cytostatics in Experimental Rats with Disseminated Ovarian Cancer
- First Online:
- 34 Downloads
Antitumor efficiencies of cytostatics dioxadet, cisplatin, mitomycin C, melphalan, and paclitaxel after a single intraperitoneal or intravenous injection in doses of 1.5, 4, 1.5, 2, and 5 mg/kg, respectively, were studied on the model of transplanted ovarian tumor in 124 rats. The antitumor effects were evaluated by the increase in median survival. Dioxadet, cisplatin, and melphalan injected intraperitoneally significantly prolonged the lifespan median – by 79, 88, and 114%, respectively, and were in fact ineffective, when injected intravenously. Intraperitoneal mitomycin C prolonged lifespan median by just 35%, intravenous – by 152%. Paclitaxel injected intraperitoneally and intravenously prolonged the lifespan median by 45 and 81%, respectively.
Key Wordsovarian cancer intraperitoneal chemotherapy antitumor drugs
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Bespalov VG, Belyaeva OA, Kireeva GS, Senchik KYu, Stukov AN, Aristova VA, Vyshinskaya EA, Konkov SA, Krylova IA, Semenov AL, Maydin MA, Alexandrov VA, Belyaev AM. Antitumor effect of dioxadet in intraperitoneal chemoperfusion treatment for advanced ovarian cancer in experimental setting. Vopr. Onkol. 2014;60(2):72-79. Russian.Google Scholar
- 2.Bespalov VG, Belyaeva OA, Panchenko AV, Stukov AN, Gershanovich ML, Murazov YaG, Konkov SA, Kilmaeva NE, Krylova IM, Mironyuk TA, Latipova DKh. Antitumor activity of dioxadet compared with cisplatin activity in ascitic ovarian tumor rat model. Vopr. Onkol. 2011;57(6):771-774. Russian.Google Scholar
- 4.Blinman P, Gainford C, Donoghoe M, Martyn J, Blomfield P, Grant P, Kichenadasse G, Vaughan M, Brand A, Shannon C, Gebski V, Stockler M, Friedlander M. Feasibility, acceptability and preferences for intraperitoneal chemotherapy with paclitaxel and cisplatin after optimal debulking surgery for ovarian and related cancers: an ANZGOG study. J. Gynecol. Oncol. 2013;24(4):359-366.CrossRefPubMedPubMedCentralGoogle Scholar
- 6.Echarri Gonzales MJ, Green R, Muggia FM. Intraperitoneal drug delivery for ovarian cancer: why, how, who, what, and when? Oncology (Williston Park). 2011;25(2):156-165.Google Scholar
- 9.Jelovac D, Armstrong DK. Recent progress in the diagnosis and treatment of ovarian cancer. CA: Cancer J. Clin. 2011;61(3):183-203.Google Scholar
- 10.Jemal A, Bray F, Center MM, Ferlay J, Ward E, Forman D. Global cancer statistics. CA: Cancer J. Clin. 2011;61(2):69-90.Google Scholar
- 11.Kampan NC, Madondo MT, McNally OM, Quinn M, Plebanski M. Paclitaxel and its evolving role in the management of ovarian cancer. Biomed. Res. Int. 2015;2015. e413076. doi: 10.1155/2015/413076.