Expression of Early Activation Marker CD69 on Peripheral Blood Lymphocytes from Pregnant Women after First Trimester Alloimmunization
We studied the expression of an early activation marker CD69 in peripheral blood lymphocytes of pregnant women with a history of recurrent pregnancy loss after immunization with paternal lymphocytes. Spontaneous and phytohemagglutinin-stimulated expression of CD69 on the surface of T cells and NK cells isolated from the peripheral blood was analyzed. On gestation week 5-6, the number of T cells expressing CD69 spontaneously and after stimulation was significantly higher in women with miscarriage than in woman with prolonged pregnancy. However, the number of cells with CD56+ phenotype expressing CD69 did not differ in these groups. No differences were found in the number of cells of all subpopulations expressing CD69 after stimulation on gestation week 12 in woman with full-term current pregnancy and in woman with physiological pregnancy.
Key Wordsrecurrent abortion alloimmunization CD69 activated T lymphocytes natural killers
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Krechetova LV, Stepanova EO, Nikolaeva MA, Vtorushina VV, Golubeva EL, Khachatryan NA, Tetruashvili NK, Sukhikh GT. Time course of changes in the peripheral blood lymphocyte subpopulation composition of women with recurrent miscarriage during pregravid immunocytotherapy. Akush. Ginekol. 2015:(5):33-38. Russian.Google Scholar
- 2.Pososeeva LV, Malushkina AI, Boiko EL, Sotnikova NYu, Peretyztko LP, Fetisova IN. Rehabilitation of reproductive health in couples with recurrent pregnancy loss. Ivanovo, 2008. Russian.Google Scholar
- 3.Sidel’nikova VM, Sukhikh GT. Recurrent Miscarriage. Moscow, 2011. Russian.Google Scholar
- 6.Khonina NA, Broitman EV, Shevela EY, Pasman NM, Chernykh ER. Mixed lymphocyte reaction blocking factors (MLRBf) as potential biomarker for indication and efficacy of paternal lymphocyte immunization in recurrent spontaneous abortion. Arch. Gynecol. Obstet. 2013:288(4):933-937.CrossRefPubMedGoogle Scholar
- 10.Ramhorst R, García V, Agriello E, Corigliano A, Etchepareborda E, Irigoyen M, Pasanante G, Fainboim L. Intracellular expression of CD69 in endometrial and peripheral T cells represents a useful marker in women with recurrent miscarriage: modulation after allogeneic leukocyte immunotherapy. Am. J. Reprod. Immunol. 2003:49(3):149-158.CrossRefPubMedGoogle Scholar
- 12.Reccurent Pregnancy Loss: Causes, Controversies and Treatment. Howard JA Carp., ed. London, 2007.Google Scholar
- 13.Early Pregnancy, Farquharson RG, Stephenson MD, eds. Cambridge, 2012.Google Scholar