Integral Indicator of Oxidative Stress in Human Blood
- 106 Downloads
Here we performed individual evaluation of the oxidative stress index that serves as an integral criterion for the balance of LPO–antioxidant defense system in women with endocrine pathology (type 1 diabetes mellitus and infertility with hyperprolactinemia). The state of the LPO–antioxidant defense system was estimated from blood levels of LPO substrates with conjugated double bonds, conjugated dienes, ketodienes, conjugated trienes, thiobarbituric acid-reactive substances, retinol, α-tocopherol, reduced and oxidized glutathione, and SOD activity. The use of this oxidative stress index allowed us to diagnose oxidative stress in female patients with endocrine pathology.
Key Wordsoxidative stress index diabetes mellitus infertility
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.I. S. Belyakova, O. I. Cheremina, N. Yu. Perova, et al., Uspekhi Sovrem. Estestvoznaniya, No. 1, 41-42 (2006).Google Scholar
- 2.L. I. Kolesnikova, L. A. Grebenkina, V. P. Olifi renko, et al., State Registration of the Computer Program, Patent No. 2011615688, Program for the Calculation of the Oxidative Stress Index from Parameters of the Lipid Peroxidation/Antioxidant Defense System in the Blood, September 21, 2011.Google Scholar
- 3.L. I. Kolesnikova, M. A. Darenskaya, L. A. Grebenkina, et al., Byull. Vost. Sib. Nauch. Tsentra Sib. Otd. Ross. Akad. Med. Nauk, No. 4, 131-135 (2013).Google Scholar
- 4.L. I. Kolesnikova, E. V. Ermolova, L. V. Suturina, et al., Byull. Vost. Sib. Nauch. Tsentra Sib. Otd. Ross. Akad. Med. Nauk, No. 5, 47-49 (2005).Google Scholar
- 6.N. V. Kornakova, L. I. Kolesnikova, A. V. Labygina, et al., Byull. Vost. Sib. Nauch. Tsentra Sib. Otd. Ross. Akad. Med. Nauk, No. 1, 78-80 (2007).Google Scholar
- 7.E. V. Kudryavtseva, I. N. Nadezhdina, and A. A. Rezaev, Vestn. Novykh Med. Tekhnol., 9, No. 3, 35-36 (2002).Google Scholar
- 8.E. B. Men’shchikova, N. K. Zenkov, V. Z. Lankin, et al., Oxidative Stress. Pathological States and Diseases [in Russian], Novosibirsk (2008).Google Scholar
- 9.D. L. Nelson and M. M. Cox, Lehninger Principles of Biochemistry, New York (2008).Google Scholar