Biological Effects of Individually Synthesized TNF-Binding Domain of Variola Virus CrmB Protein
- First Online:
- 66 Downloads
The biological characteristics of a 17-kDa protein synthesized in bacterial cells, a TNF-binding domain (VARV-TNF-BP) of a 47-kDa variola virus CrmB protein (VARV-CrmB) consisting of TNF-binding and chemokine-binding domains, were studied. Removal of the C-terminal chemokine-binding domain from VARV-CrmB protein was inessential for the effi ciency of its inhibition of TNF cytotoxicity towards L929 mouse fi broblast culture and for TNF-induced oxidative metabolic activity of mouse blood leukocytes. The results of this study could form the basis for further studies of VARV-TNF-BP mechanisms of activity for prospective use in practical medicine.
Keywordsvariola virus leukocytes tumor necrosis factor-binding protein cytotoxicity oxidative metabolic function
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.I. P. Gileva, E. M. Malkova, E. S. Nepomnyashchikh, et al., Tsitokin. Vospal., 5, No. 1, 44-49 (2006).Google Scholar
- 2.I. P. Gileva, T. S. Nepomnyashchikh, I. A. Ryazankin, and S. N. Shchelkunov, Biokhimiya, 74, No. 12, 1664-1671 (2009).Google Scholar
- 4.L. R. Lebedev, I. A. Ryazankin, A. A. Sizov, et al., Biotekhnol., No. 6, 14-18 (2001).Google Scholar
- 5.T. S. Nepomnyashchikh, D. V. Antonets, I. P. Gileva, and S. N. Shchelkunov, Uspekhi Sovrem. Biol., 127, No. 6, 558-569 (2007).Google Scholar
- 6.T. V. Tregubchak, T. S. Nepomnyashchikh, D. V. Antonets, and S. N. Shchelkunov, Patent RF No. 2471869. Recombinant DNA Plasmids pQE-60-TNFR-CrmB-Ind-67 and pFastBac1- G2R-dSECRET, containing Variola Virus Genome Fragment Coding for Tumor Necrosis Factor, Binding CrmB Protein Domain and Bv/G2R-dSECRET Baculovirus Strain, Producing Secretory TNF-Binding Protein of Variola Virus CrmB with Deleted Secret Domain, Bull. No. 1 (January 10, 2013).Google Scholar
- 7.D. D. Tsyrendorzhiev, S. V. Sennikov, E. A. Vyazovaya, et al., Byull. Sib. Otdel. Ross. Akad. Med. Nauk, 31, No. 3, 73-79 (2011).Google Scholar
- 8.D. D. Tsyrendorzhiev, S. V. Sennikov, I. A. Orlovskaya, et al., Immunol., 32, No. 4, 209-213 (2011).Google Scholar