Psychoimmunomodulatory Effect of Phenotropil in Animals with Immune Stress
We studied the effect of phenotropil (25 mg/kg intraperitoneally, 5 days) on the immune and psychoemotional state of Wistar rats with LPS-induced immune stress. Hyperactivity of the immune system in animals after treatment with Pseudomonas aeruginosa LPS (100 μg/kg intraperitoneally, 3 days) manifested in a significant increase in the delayed-type hypersensitivity index, antibody titer in the reaction of passive hemagglutination, and phagocytic activity of peripheral blood neutrophils. Locomotor, orientation, and exploratory activities were reduced, while anxiety increased in animals with immune stress. Phenotropil exhibited the psychoimmunomodulatory effect under these conditions, which manifested in prevention of anxiety and fear response, increase in horizontal locomotion and exploratory behavior, and improvement of immunoreactivity.
Key Wordsphenotropil lipopolysaccharide immune stress psychoimmunomodulation
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.A. V. Aznauryan, V. A. Shekoyan, L. A. Frangulyan, et al., Neurohormonal Regulation of Immune Homeostasis [in Russian], Fourth All-Russian Symposium, Leningrad (1986), Abstracts of Papers, pp. 93-94.Google Scholar
- 2.I. G. Akmaev, Uspekhi Fiziol. Nauk, 34, No. 4, 4-15 (2003).Google Scholar
- 3.T. A. Voronina and S. B. Seredenin, Manual on Experimental (Preclinical) Study of New Pharmacological Agents [in Russian], Moscow (2000), pp. 126-130.Google Scholar
- 4.E. A. Korneva, Meditsina XXI Vek: Nauchn.-Praktich. Zh., No. 5, 16-23 (2007).Google Scholar
- 5.V. I. Ratnikov, N. E. Ryabinina, and R. U. Ostrovskaya, Byull. Eksp. Biol. Med., 94, No. 10, 56-58 (1982).Google Scholar
- 6.M. A. Samotrueva, A. N. Ovcharova, and I. N. Tyurenkov, Vestn. Novykh Med. Tekhnol., 15, No. 3, 168-169 (2008).Google Scholar
- 7.M. A. Samotrueva, I. N. Tyurenkov, S. A. Luzhnova, et al., Allergol. Immunol., No. 2, 305-306 (2009).Google Scholar
- 8.I. N. Tyurenkov, Kh. M. Galimzyanov, D. L. Teplyi, et al., Immunologiya, No. 5, 302-305 (2009).Google Scholar
- 9.I. N. Tyurenkov, M. A. Samotrueva, and A. N. Ovcharova, Eksper. Klin. Farmakol., No. 3, 43-45 (2008).Google Scholar
- 10.R. M. Khaitov, I. S. Gushchin, B. V. Pinegin, and A. I. Zebrov, Manual on Experimental Preclinical Study of New Pharmacological Agents [in Russian], Ed. R. U. Khabriev, Moscow (2005), pp. 501-514.Google Scholar
- 11.GLP: Principles of Good Laboratory Practice as Specified by National Directive 2004/10/EC. Google Scholar