In vitro inhibitory effect of mesenchymal stem cells on zymosan-induced production of reactive oxygen species
- First Online:
- 43 Downloads
In vitro chemiluminescent test showed that human bone marrow mesenchymal stem cells and conditioned media dose-dependently inhibit production of reactive oxygen species by macrophages: 50% inhibition of chemiluminescence (compared to biocontrol) was observed at 1:1 mesenchymal stem cell/macrophage ratio or after addition of 20–25% conditioned media to the incubation medium. The observed mechanism of inhibition of production of reactive oxygen forms can play an essential role in the formation of local immunosuppressive microenvironment in the organism after allogenic transplantation of mesenchymal stem cells.
Key Wordsmesenchymal stem cells macrophages reactive oxygen radicals local immunosuppressive environment
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.A. Yu. Andreev, Yu. E. Kushnareva, A. A. Starkov, Biokhimiya, 70, No. 2, 246–264 (2005).Google Scholar
- 2.Yu. Arnkhol'd, Ibid., 69, No. 1, 8–15 (2004).Google Scholar
- 3.M. Bra, B. Quinan, S. A. Suzin, Ibid., 70, No. 2, 284–293 (2005).Google Scholar
- 4.Yu. A. Vladimirov and M. P. Sherstnev, Advances in Science and Technology, Byophysics VINITY, Moscow (1989), Vol. 24, 1–120.Google Scholar
- 5.G. I. Deichman, Carcinogenesis, Ed. D. G. Zeridze, Moscow (2004), pp. 448–473.Google Scholar
- 6.Lymphocytes, Methods, Ed. J. Klaus, Moscow (1990), pp. 36–38.Google Scholar
- 7.E. G. Slavina, Advances in Science and Technology, Oncology. VINITY, Moscow (1984), Vol. 13, pp. 98–141.Google Scholar
- 8.A. F. Tsyb, M. A. Kaplan, V. N. Petrov, et al., Ros. Biother. Zh., 4, No. 4, 44–49 (2005).Google Scholar
- 9.A. F. Tsyb, A. G. Konoplyannikov, A. I. Kolesnikova, and V. V. Pavlov, Vestn. Ross. Akad. Med. Nauk., 59, No. 9, 71–76 (2004).Google Scholar
- 22.J. M. Ryan, F. P. Barry, J. M. Murphy, and B. P. Mahon, J. Inflammation., 2, 18–30 (2005).Google Scholar