Geroprotective effect of epithalamine (pineal gland peptide preparation) in elderly subjects with accelerated aging
- 37 Downloads
A 12-year randomized clinical study of epithalamine (pineal gland peptide preparation) was carried out in elderly patients with coronary disease and accelerated aging of the cardiovascular system. Long-term treatment with epithalamine decreased the functional age and degree of cardiovascular aging; exercise tolerance increased. After 12 years the number of elderly subjects dead in the group treated by epithalamine was 28% lower than in the control group, despite the same basic therapy. Cardiovascular mortality was 2-fold lower in patients treated by epithalamine; the incidence of cardiovascular failure and respiratory diseases was 2-fold lower in this group. Long-term treatment with epithalamine was associated with a geroprotective effect on the long-term life prognosis in elderly subjects with accelerated aging.
Key Wordspineal gland peptides epithalamine accelerated aging prevention
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.V. N. Anisimov, Molecular and Physiological Mechanisms of Aging [in Russian], St. Petersburg (2003).Google Scholar
- 2.O. V. Korkushko, V. Kh. Khavinson, G. M. Butenko, and V. B. Shatilo, Peptide Preparations of the Thymus and Pineal Gland in Prevention of Accelerated Aging [in Russian], St. Petersburg (2002).Google Scholar
- 4.B. I. Kuznik, V. G. Morozov, and V. Kh. Khavinson, Cytomedines [in Russian], St. Petersburg (1998).Google Scholar
- 5.V. G. Morozov and V. Kh. Khavinson, Peptide Bioregulators (25-Year Experience of Experimental and Clinical Studies) [in Russian], St. Petersburg (1996).Google Scholar
- 7.V. Kh. Khavinson and V. N. Anisimov, Peptide Bioregulators and Aging [in Russian], St. Petersburg (2003).Google Scholar
- 8.V. Kh. Khavinson, S. V. Anisimov, V. V. Malinin, and V. N. Anisimov, Peptide Regulation of Genome and Aging [in Russian], Moscow (2005).Google Scholar
- 9.V. Kh. Khavinson and V. G. Morozov, Pineal Gland and Thymus Peptides in Regulation of Aging [in Russian], St. Petersburg (2001), pp. 65–75.Google Scholar
- 13.V. Kh. Khavinson and V. V. Malinin, Gerontological Aspects of Genome Peptide Regulation, Basel (2005).Google Scholar