Passive shared virtual environment for haptic cooperation
- 146 Downloads
For distributed haptic cooperation systems, this paper develops a framework for virtual environments such that the design of the coordinating controllers is decoupled from the network topology and the communication issues. A passive paradigm is introduced for shared virtual object (SVO) with n distributed copies on communications with unreliable data transmission. The n-port passivity of the SVO system is proved and followed by the steady-state analysis. Three-user haptic cooperation experiments validate the theoretical findings.
KeywordsHaptic cooperation Port-Hamiltonian systems Shared virtual object Wave-based communication n-port passivity
Supplementary material 1 (mp4 1887 KB)
Supplementary material 2 (mp4 1976 KB)
- Bianchini, G., Orlandesi, M., & Prattichizzo, D. (2010). Passivity-based analysis and design of multi-contact haptic systems via lmis. In M. Hosseini Zadeh (eds.), Advances in haptics (pp. 155–170). InTech. https://www.intechopen.com/books/advances-in-haptics/passivity-based-analysis-and-design-of-multi-contact-haptic-systems-via-lmis.
- Carignan, C., & Olsson, P. (2004). Cooperative control of virtual objects over the internet using force-reflecting master arms. In 2004 IEEE international conference on robotics and automation, 2004. Proceedings. ICRA ’04. (Vol. 2, pp. 1221–1226).Google Scholar
- Kanno, T., & Yokokohji, Y. (2012). Multilateral teleoperation control over time-delayed computer networks using wave variables. In Haptics symposium (HAPTICS), 2012 IEEE (pp. 125–131).Google Scholar
- Kim, Y.-B., Han, S.-H., Kim, S.-J., Kim, E.-J., & Song, C.-G. (2007). Multi-player virtual ping-pong game. In 17th International conference on artificial reality and telexistence (pp. 269–273).Google Scholar
- LeBlanc, H., Eyisi, E., Kottenstette, N., Koutsoukos, X., & Sztipanovits, J. (2011). A passivity-based approach to group coordination in multi-agent networks, volume 89 of Lecture Notes in Electrical Engineering (1st ed.). Berlin: Springer.Google Scholar
- Lee, D., & Huang, K. (2008). On passive non-iterative variable-step numerical integration of mechanical systems for haptic rendering. In ASME conference proceedings, dynamic systems and control conference (pp. 1147–1154).Google Scholar
- Rakhsha, R., & Constantinescu, D. (2014). Passive shared virtual environment for distributed haptic cooperation. In Haptics symposium (HAPTICS), 2014 IEEE (pp. 221–226).Google Scholar
- van der Schaft, A. (1996). \(l_2\) -gain and passivity techniques in nonlinear control. Berlin: Springer.Google Scholar
- Yokokohji, Y., Tsujioka, T., & Yoshikawa, T. (2002). Bilateral control with time-varying delay including communication blackout. In 10th Symposium on haptic interfaces for virtual environment and teleoperator systems (pp. 285–292).Google Scholar