Trajectory tracking control of an underactuated capsubot
- 429 Downloads
Trajectory tracking control of underactuated systems is one of the challenging issues. This paper proposes a two-stage control strategy for the trajectory tracking of a class of underactuated mechanical systems. Two new acceleration profiles for the capsubot motion generation are proposed for the motion control of the capsubot. The optimum selection of the parameters of the acceleration profile is investigated. To track the trajectory of the capsubot, a selection algorithm is proposed. Simulation and experimentation are performed to demonstrate the feasibility of the control strategy and selection algorithm along with the newly proposed acceleration profiles.
KeywordsUnderactuated system Capsubot Two-stage control strategy Selection algorithm
This work has been supported by the EPSRC funded UK-Japan Network on Human Adaptive Mechatronics Project (EP/E025250/1), EU Erasmus Mundus Project-ELINK (EM ECW-ref.149674-EM-1-2008-1-UK-ERAMUNDUS) and EU FP7-PEOPLE-2012-IRSES Project RABOT (318902).
Supplementary material 1 (mp4 28960 KB)
- Biomechanics Q (2013). Retrieved 12 December 2013, from http://www.quintic.com/.
- Lee, N., Kamamichi, N., Li, H., & Furuta, K. (2008). Control system design and experimental verification of capsubot. In: Proceedings of the IEEE/RSJ International Conference on Intelligent Robots and Systems (pp. 1927–1932). IEEEGoogle Scholar
- Liu, Y., Yu, H., & Yang, T. (2008). Analysis and control of a capsubot. In: Proceedings of the 17th World Congress the International Federation of Automatic Control (pp. 756–761).Google Scholar
- MINIMOTOR SA S (2013) Retrieved 12 December, 2013 from http://www.faulhaber-group.com/.
- Olympus (2014) Endocapsule system. Retrieved August, 2014, from http://www.olympus.co.uk/
- Yamagata, Y., & Higuchi, T. (1995). A micropositioning device for precision automatic assembly using impact force of piezoelectric elements. In: Proceedings of the 1995 IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Automation (vol. 1, pp. 666–671). IEEEGoogle Scholar
- Yu, H., Huda, M., & Wane, S. (2011). A novel acceleration profile for the motion control of capsubots. In: Proceedings of the 2011 IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Automation (pp. 2437–2442). IEEEGoogle Scholar