Construction of the tests of combinational circuit failures by analyzing the orthogonal disjunctive normal forms represented by the alternative graphs
- 29 Downloads
A method to design tests for the bit-stuck and arbitrary failures of the elements of combinational circuits was proposed. It is based on a graphical description of the orthogonal disjunctive normal forms of the functions realized by the circuit. The graphical description of the circuit by an alternative graph, which was later named the structurally synthesized binary decision diagram graph, carries, along with information about the circuit structure, the orthogonal disjunctive normal forms of the functions of this circuit. The properties of the structurally synthesized binary decision diagram graph allow one, on the one hand, to use it for construction of tests of various circuit failures and, on the other hand, to reduce enumeration at determination of the tests flowing to the use of the orthogonal disjunctive normal forms realized by the circuit and its subcircuits. A full structurally synthesized binary decision diagram graph that features the potential of the structurally synthesized binary decision diagram graph and does not differ so much from the traditional binary decision diagram graphs was introduced to facilitate explanation of the method. The proposed method of test design enables one to determine the entire set of test patterns by determining successively the conjunctions representing these test.
KeywordsMechanical Engineer System Theory Normal Form Test Pattern Test Design
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Bryant, R.E., Graph-Based. Algorithms for Boolean Function Manipulation, IEEE Trans. Comput., 1986, vol. c-35, no. 8, pp. 677–691.Google Scholar
- 2.Plakk, M.P. and Ubar, R.R., Design of Tests of Digital Circuits using the Model of Alternative Graphs, Avtom. Telemekh., 1980, no. 5, pp. 152–163.Google Scholar
- 3.Jutman, A., Raik, J., and Ubar, R., SSBDDs: Advantageous Model and Efficient Algorithms for Digital Circuit Modeling, Simulation & Test, Proc. Boolean Probl. 5th Int. Workshop, Steinbach, B., Ed., September 19-20, 2002, Freiberg (Sachsen): Freiberg University of Mining and Technology, Institute of Computer Science, pp. 157–165.Google Scholar
- 4.Matrosova, A. Yu., Algoritmicheskie metody sinteza testov (Algorithmic Methods of Test Design), Tomsk: Tomsk. Gos. Univ., 1990.Google Scholar
- 5.Evtushenko, N.V. and Matrosova, A. Yu., On Probabilistic Approach to Computing the Estimates of Controllability and Observability of a Unit of Discrete Device, Avtom. Telemekh., 1993, no. 11, pp. 152–160.Google Scholar