Simulation Systems in Experimental Development of a Space Nuclear Power System (Enisei SNPS)
- 5 Downloads
The objectives and problems of modeling systems in developing nuclear thermionic power plants for use in space are discussed. The basic data of the modeling codes and systems developed in the process of creating the Enisei SNPS are presented. The principles of safe integration of a control digital computer into the control circuit of NPP are described and the results of experiments on the development of standard transient regimes in nuclear power tests are presented. The developed multicomputer distributed simulation system is presented, and the results of experimental testing of a scale model of the automatic control system in a wide range of operating modes are given.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.The Concept of the Russian Comprehensive Moon Exploration and Exploration Program. Joint Meeting of the Presidium of the Scientific and Technical Council of the Roskosmos State Corporation and the Bureau of the Council of the Russian Academy of Sciences for Outer Space, Nov. 28, 2018, http://sovet.cosmos.ru/sessions/2018-11-28.
- 2.A. V. Kolesnikov, Tests of the Designs and Systems of Spacecraft, MAI, Moscow (2007).Google Scholar
- 3.V. V. Bugrovskii, N. A. Vintsevich, I. M. Vishnepolskii, et al., Fundamentals of Automatic Control of Space Nuclear Power Plants, B. N. Petrov (ed.), Mashinostroenie, Moscow (1974).Google Scholar
- 4.V. V. Bugrovskii, V. K. Zharov, Yu. V. Kovachich, et al., Information Management Systems of Space Power Plants, Atomizdat, Moscow (1979).Google Scholar
- 5.N. E. Kukharkin, N. N. Ponomarev-Stepnoi, and V. A. Usov, Space Nuclear Energy (Romashka and Enisei nuclear reactors with thermoelectric and thermionic conversion), IzdAT, Moscow (2008).Google Scholar
- 6.E. S. Glushkov, N. E. Kukharkin, N. N. Ponomarev-Stepnoi, et al., “Study of critical assemblies with a hydride moderator for choosing the structure and characteristics of reactors for nuclear power plants,” in: Abstr. Conf. on Nuclear Power in Space, IPPE, Obninsk (1990), pp. 19–21.Google Scholar
- 7.E. S. Glushkov, N. E. Kukharkin, N. N. Ponomarev-Stepnoi, et al., “Selection and development of the neutronics characteristics of a reactor-converter for a space NPP with single-element TEC,” ibid., pp. 22–23.Google Scholar
- 8.E. S. Glushkov, N. E. Kukharkin, V. V. Skorlygin, et al., “Development of a mathematical model of the dynamics of neutronic and thermophysical processes of space NPP with single-element TEC,” ibid., pp. 306–307.Google Scholar
- 9.M. Yu. Ermoshin, A. N. Luppov, A. Kh. Murinson, and V. V. Skorlygin, “Mathematical model and software for calculating transient conditions of a nuclear thermionic power plant,” ibid., pp. 318–320.Google Scholar
- 10.N. E. Kukharkin and V. V. Skorlygin, “Some features of constructing a mathematical model of the dynamics of a space thermionic nuclear power plant (on the example of the Enisei NPP),” Vopr. At. Nauki Tekhn. Ser. Fiz. Yad. Reakt., No. 6, 70–91 (2016).Google Scholar
- 11.M. E. Annenkov, M. Yu. Ermoshin, and V. V. Skorlygin, “A simulator of a nuclear power plant and its implementation as a parallel program on a computer network,” Abstr. Conf. on Nuclear Power in Space, IPPE, Obninsk (1990), p. 335.Google Scholar
- 12.V. V. Skorlygin, “The use of spacecraft computing tools to control a nuclear power plant in abnormal situations,” ibid., p. 336.Google Scholar
- 13.G. Herbert and M. Day, “NEPSPT propulsion module design and flight test plans,” in: Proc. 11th Symp. on Space Nuclear Power and Propulsion, US, DOE CONF-940101 (1994), Vol. 1, pp. 253–263.Google Scholar
- 14.E. Reynolds, R. Shaefer, G. Polansky, and A. Bocharov, “Utilizing a Russian space nuclear reactor for a United States space mission: system integration issues,” ibid., pp. 265–275.Google Scholar
- 15.S. Voss and E. Reynolds, An Overview of the Nuclear Electric Propulsion Space Power Test Program (NEPSPT) Satellite, LA-UR-94-1688 (1994).Google Scholar
- 16.N. N. Ponomarev-Stepnoi, V. V. Skorlygin, S. F. Farafonov, et al., “TOPAZ-2 reactor control unit,” in: AIP Conf. Proc., 324, No. 1, 543–548 (1995).Google Scholar