Enhanced Life Assurance for Ship Reactors
- 3 Downloads
The reasons for the appearance of alternating deviations of the parameters in transient regimes, which negatively impact the resource characteristics of ship reactors, are investigated. A definitive physical mechanism and certain key phenomena responsible for the appearance and evolutionary character of the deviations of the defining parameters are revealed on the basis of qualitative analysis confirmed by computational studies. This assures the development of the most effective technical measures for reducing the dynamic overshoots in operating and in-design plants.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.D. L. Zverev, Yu. P. Fadeev, A. N. Pakhomov, and V. I. Polunichev, “Experience in developing and prospects for the development of nuclear power plants for the icebreaker fleet and energy supply for the Arctic region,” At. Energ., 125, No. 6, 318–323 (2018).Google Scholar
- 2.V. I. Kostin, Yu. K. Panov, V. I. Polunichev, et al., “Reactor installations on nuclear ships – current status, extension of operation, and prospects,” At. Energ., 102, No. 1, 26–31 (2007).Google Scholar
- 3.D. L. Zverev, O. B. Samoilov, D. G. Preobrazhensky, et al., “The experience of operating the active zones of existing nuclear icebreakers,”Sudostroenie, No. 4, 34–36 (2017).Google Scholar
- 4.L. V. Smirnov, E. V. Sabaev, and A. L. Prigorovsky, “The role of simple dynamics models,” in: Abstracts of the Seminar on Mathematical Models for the Study and Validation of the Characteristics of Equipment and Nuclear Power Plants in General during Their Development and Operation, NITI, Sosnovy Bor, Sept. 18–22, 2000, pp. 49–50.Google Scholar
- 5.V. D. Goryachenko, Elements of the Theory of Oscillations, Izd. Krasnoyarsk. Univ., Krasnoyarsk (1995).Google Scholar
- 6.F. M. Mitenkov and B. I. Motorov, Mechanisms of Unstable Processes in Thermal and Nuclear Energy, Energoizdat, Moscow (1981).Google Scholar
- 7.F. M. Mitenkov and B. I. Motorov, Nonstationary Modes of Ship Nuclear Steam Generators, Sudostroenie, Leningrad (1970).Google Scholar
- 8.T. Brooks, “Temperature coefficients and stability,” in: Theory of Nuclear Reactors, G. Birkhoff and E. Wigner (eds.), Gosatomizdat, Moscow (1963).Google Scholar
- 9.A. Hitchcock, Stability of Nuclear Reactors [Russian translation], Gosatomizdat, Moscow (1963).Google Scholar