Mathematical Model of Cadmium Distillation at the Stage of Pyrochemical Reprocessing of Spent Mixed Uranium-Plutonium Nitride Nuclear Fuel
- 4 Downloads
A mathematical model of the technological process of cadmium distillation at the stage of pyrochemical reprocessing of spent mixed uranium-plutonium nitride fuel for the purpose of studying the serviceability of and developing monitoring and process control systems is presented. The basic thermodynamic and kinetic characteristics and the principles of mathematical modeling of vacuum distillation of liquid mixtures, specifically, cadmium, are described. The requirements of the model and the assumptions are formulated. The information structure and mathematical description of the model were developed. Computational experiments were performed on the model and showed its serviceability and possibility of use for developing monitoring and process control systems.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.A. Yu. Shadrin, K. N. Dvoeglazov, A. G. Maslennikov, et al., “PH-process – technology for reprocessing mixed uranium-plutonium fuel of the BREST-OD-300 reactor,” Radiokhimiya, 58, No. 3, 234–241 (2016).Google Scholar
- 2.O. V. Skiba, V. A. Kislyi, Yu. P. Savochkin, and S. K. Vavilov, Pyroelectrochemical Processes in the Fuel Cycle of Fast Reactors, GNTs NIIAR, Dimitrovgrad (2012).Google Scholar
- 3.N. I. Galperin, Basic Properties and Apparatus of Chemical Technology, Khimiya, Moscow (1981), Vol. 1.Google Scholar
- 5.E. Brandes and G. Brook, Smithells Metals Reference Book, Oxford (1992), 7th ed.Google Scholar
- 6.T. Massalski, J. Murray, L. Bennett, and H. Baker, Binary Phase Diagrams, Am. Soc. Met. (1986).Google Scholar
- 9.V. A. Pazukhin and A. Ya. Fisher, Separation and Refi nement of Metals in Vacuum, Metallurgiya, Moscow (1969).Google Scholar
- 10.B. Westphal, D. Vaden, T. Hua et al., “Recent development at the cathode processor for spent fuel treatment,” in: Am. Nucl. Soc. 5th Top. Meeting, USA, Sept. 2002, pр. 17–20.Google Scholar
- 11.K. Nash and G. Lumetta, Advanced Separation Techniques for Nuclear Fuel Reprocessing and Radioactive Waste Treatment, Woodhead Publ. Ser. in Energy, No. 2, Woodhead Publishing (2011).Google Scholar
- 12.K. Tadafumi, H. Takatoshi, Y. Takeshi, and I. Tadashi, “Development of engineering technology basis for industrialization of pyrometallurgical reprocessing,” in: Global, Idaho, Sept. 9–13, 2007, рp. 1038–1043.Google Scholar
- 13.A. Shadrin, V. Ivanov, M. Skoupov, et al., “Plutonium use in nuclear fuel cycle – options for Russia,” in: Global (2015), p. 5140.Google Scholar
- 14.D. Lide, Vapor Pressure. CRC Handbook of Chemistry and Physics: a Ready-Reference Book of Chemical and Physical Data (2009), 90th ed., pp. 6–77.Google Scholar