239Pu–Be-Source Based Neutron Reference Fields
- 1 Downloads
New neutron reference fields, based on a 239Pu–Be source, intended for increasing the accuracy of measurements of neutron dosimeters and radiometers in the IHEP accelerator complex are described. A Bonner SB-RSU-01 spectrometer was used to measure the spectra of the neutron reference fields. The BON95 code was used to reconstruct the spectra; the initial spectra for the iteration procedure were determined by parameterization or by a calculation using the FAN15 code. Good agreement was obtained between the neutron spectra and the integral characteristics of the reference fields reconstructed by the two methods.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.G. I. Britvich, V. S. Volkov, Yu. I. Kolevatov, et al., Spectra and Integral Characteristics of Neutron Reference Fields Based on Radionuclide Neutron Sources, IHEP Preprint 90–48 (1990).Google Scholar
- 3.I. A. Kharitonov, “Correction of the flux of plutonium-beryllium neutron sources in the verification interval,” At. Energ., 51, No. 3, 124–125 (1981).Google Scholar
- 4.A. V. Sannikov, V. N. Peleshko, E. N. Savitskaya, et al., “A multi-sphere neutron spectrometer based on the serial device RSU-01,” ANRI, No. 1 (56), 62–69 (2009).Google Scholar
- 5.S. N. Balakhnichev, M. F. Yudin, and A. P. Yanovskii, “Development and research of the UKPN-1 setup for verification and calibration of neutron devices in a collimated beam,” in: Proc. Metrological Institutes of the USSR, No. 124 (184), Energiya, Leningrad (1970), pp. 107–129.Google Scholar
- 6.S. N. Balakhnichev, S. I. Slepyshkov, M. F. Yudin, and A. P. Yanovskii, “Investigation of the thermal neutron flux of the UKPN-1 facility,” ibid., pp. 137–146.Google Scholar
- 7.Check Certificate No. 4.410-3002-16, “Neutron radiation testing setup UKPN-1M,” VNIIFTRI, Moscow, Dec. 23, 2016.Google Scholar
- 8.G. I. Krupnyi, Y. N. Rastsvetalov, E. N. Savitskaya, and A. V. Sannikov, “A multi-sphere neutron spectrometer with an activation thermal neutron detector based on the reaction 115In(n, γ)116mIn,” in: Abstr. 9th Russ. Sci. Conf. on Radiation Protection and Radiation Safety in Nuclear Technologies (2006), pp. 121–123.Google Scholar
- 9.M. Z. Tarasco, On a Method for Solving Linear Problems with Stochastic Matrices, Preprint FEI-156 (1969).Google Scholar
- 10.E. N. Savitskaya and A. V. Sannikov, “FAN15 code for calculating the transfer of low-energy photons and neutrons in arbitrary media,” At. Energ., 122, 40–45 (2017).Google Scholar