Radiation Inspection of the RFT Reactor Wastewater Treatment Plant
- 15 Downloads
At the National Research Center Kurchatov Institute, disassembly work is being done on research reactors and work on the disassembly of reactors’ technological systems located in buildings neighboring the central reactor hall is being planned. Radiation inspection of the room housing the water treatment system and the ventilation pipe is being done to optimize disassembly. The wastewater treatment system includes six metal compartments, arranged around the base of the ventilation pipe, and two monte-jus. Four radiation inspection openings were drilled in the top cover of the room housing the water treatment system and the wall of the ventilation pipe. A video survey of the rooms was done through these openings and the exposure dose rate and activity of the primary radionuclides over the height of the rooms and inside the ventilation pipe was measured. The results were used to optimize the disassembly of the equipment and to evaluate the amount of radioactive waste.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 3.V. G. Volkov, O. P. Ivanov, V. I. Kolyadin, et al., “The use of remote-controlled mechanisms to reduce radiation exposure of personnel,” At. Energ., No. 5, 285–289.Google Scholar
- 4.A. V. Lemus, V. D. Muzrukova, V. I. Pavlenko, et al., “Methods of handling high-level waste during decommissioning of research reactors MR and RFT,” At. Energ., 115, No. 5, 271–275 (2013).Google Scholar
- 5.A. G. Volkovich, O. P. Ivanov, A. V. Lemus, et al., “Particulars of the disassembly in-reactor structures of the RFT reactor,” At. Energ., 121, No. 5, 294–298 (2016).Google Scholar
- 6.Yu. Simirskii, A. Stepanov, I. Semin, et al., “Graphite research reactor (RFT) spectrometric investigation during dismantling,” in: Proc. Int. WM’2017 Symp., USA, March 2017, CD-ROM 17006.Google Scholar
- 7.A. Stepanov, Yu. Simirskii, I. Semin, et al., “CdZnTe detector using for characterization MR water cleanup system before dismantling,” ibid., CD-ROM 17005.Google Scholar
- 8.V. E. Stepanov, V. N. Potapov, and O. P. Ivanov, “The development of non-destructive remote measurement method of concrete contamination,” in: Proc. Int. ASME’2013 Conf., Belgium, Sept. 8–12, 2013, CD-ROM 96047.Google Scholar