Collimator Effect on Semiconductor α-Spectrometer Characteristics in Measurements of Radioactive Aerosols
- 1 Downloads
The results of an investigation of the effect of collimators with a square cell on the detection efficiency of α-particles and the energy resolution of the spectra of α-emitting aerosols, which were first collected on a filter made of ultrafine polymers fibers, are reported. The investigations will make it possible to develop in the future new and improved already existing apparatus for express spectrometry of α-emitting aerosols.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.A. E. Bakhur, L. I. Manuilova, T. M. Ivanov, et al., “Complete radionuclide analysis on low-background α-β radiometer UMF-2000,” ANRI, No. 2(45), 36–42 (2006).Google Scholar
- 3.T. Streil, V. Oeser, and W. Birkholz, “New handheld alpha/beta spectroscopy systems for surface contamination monitoring,” in: 10th Int. Congr. of Int. Rad. Protection Association, Japan, May 14–19, 2000, P-3b-S13.Google Scholar
- 4.SAIC Safety and Security Instruments, ALPHA AnalyzerAP-2 (2000).Google Scholar
- 8.A. Lundin, Evaluate the ELEGP Collimator with Resolution Recovery for SPECT, University of Gothenburg, Sweden (2015).Google Scholar
- 10.L. S. Ruzer, D. E. Fertman, Yu. V. Kuznetsov, et al., Radioactive Aerosol Standards. Aerosols Handbook: Measurement, Dosimetry, and Health Effects, L. Ruzer and N. Harley (eds.), CRC PRESS Boca Raton, New York (2005).Google Scholar
- 11.P. I. Basmanov and N. B. Borisov, AFA Filters: Catalogue–Handbook, Atomizdat, Moscow (1970).Google Scholar
- 12.B. I. Ogorodnikov, V. I. Skitovich, and A. K. Budyka, “Disperse composition of artifi cial and native radioactive aerosols in the 30-km zone of the Chernobyl NPP in 1986–1996,” Rad. Biol. Radioekol., 38, No. 6, 889-892 (1998).Google Scholar