Radiative and Convective Heat Transfer in the Gas Cavity of VVER-1200 Melt Trap
Heat transfer in the gas cavity of the melt trap for the VVER-1200 core is studied. A model problem is solved numerically in a configuration where the cavity boundaries are close to that obtained after the formation of the melt pool. Heat transfer by radiation is calculated by three methods: in the approximation of a transparent medium taking account of the angular coefficients of radiation emission of sections of the cavity boundaries, by the DTRM method suitable for calculating radiation transfer in a medium with arbitrary optical density, and by the diffusion method in the Rosseland approximation. It is shown that the dominant mechanism is thermal radiation; the contribution of convection of the gas is relatively small. The influence of the choice of computational method on heat transfer in a gas cavity with different absorption is evaluated.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.V. G. Asmolov, S. V. Bechta, V. M. Berkovich, et al., “Crucible type core catcher for VVER-1000 reactor,” in: Proc. ICAPP’05, Seoul, Korea, May 15–19, 2005, p. 5328.Google Scholar
- 3.A. S. Sidorov, “Melt trap for NPP with VVER-1200,” in: 7th Int. Sci. Techn. Conf. on Safety Security of NPP with VVER, OKB Gidropress, Podolsk, May 17–20, 2011, pp. 80–93.Google Scholar
- 4.A. S. Filippov, Development, Verification, and Application of Software for Computational Analysis of the Late Stage of a Serious Accident at NPP with VVER: Doct. Dissert. Techn. Sci., IBRAE RAN, Moscow (2013).Google Scholar
- 5.L. I. Bolshov and V. F. Strizhov, “SOCRAT – the system of codes for realistic analysis of severe accidents,” in: ICAPP’06, USA, June 4–8, 2006, p. 6439.Google Scholar
- 6.N. A. Mosunova, S. A. Sapegin, and A. S. Filippov, “Verifi cation of heat transfer models in the HEFEST module,” Izv. RAN, Energetika, No. 3, 43–82 (2010).Google Scholar
- 7.D. D. Kamenskaya and A. S. Filippov, “Numerical modeling of heat transfer in the gas cavity of a melt trap,” in: 10th Int. Sci.-Techn. Conf. on Safety Security of NPP with VVER, OKB Gidropress, May 16–19, 2017, pp. 31–40.Google Scholar
- 9.R. Siegel and J. Howell, Thermal Radiation Heat Transfer, Hemisphere, Washington (1992).Google Scholar
- 10.Yu. A. Zvonarev, D. F. Tsurikov, V. L. Kobzar’, et al., “Computational analysis of the operating efficiency of a melt trap for VVER-1200,” Vopr. At. Nauki Tekhn. Ser. Fiz. Metody Rasch. Yad. Reakt., No. 1, 68–78 (2010).Google Scholar