Mechanism of Change In VVER-440, -1000 Vessel Material Properties in Irradiation–Recovery Annealing–Irradiation Cycle
- 1 Downloads
The efficacy of recovery annealing of weld-seam metal for VVER vessel service life extension is examined. A comparative complex assessment of the degradation of VVER-440, -1000 weld-seam metal, as most subjected to radiation embrittlement due to operational factors, is presented. The main difference of the recovery annealing regimes associated with differences of their chemical composition and structural-phase state as well as the mechanisms of the degradation of the structure and properties during operation is substantiated. Comparative studies of the recovery of the structural state and mechanical properties of weld-seam metal after annealing in the chosen regimes as well as radiation embrittlement during re-irradiation were performed.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Yu. A. Nikolaev, A. V. Nikolaeva, and Yu. R. Kevorkin, “Recovery of the properties of irradiation steel during thermal annealing,” At. Energ., 90, No. 6, 457–460 (2001).Google Scholar
- 4.Yu. Korolev, A. Kryukov, Yu. Nikolaev, et al., “The properties of WWER-440 type reactor pressure vessel steels cut out from operated units,” ibid., 195, No. 2, 137–142 (2000).Google Scholar
- 8.S. V. Rogozhkin, A. A. Nikitin, A. A. Aleev, et al., “Investigation of the fi ne structure of weld seam materials with high content of phosphorys of the VVER-440 vessel after irradiation, annealing, and re-irradiation,” Yad. Fiz. Inzhiniring, 4, No. 1, 73–82 (2013).Google Scholar
- 10.M. K. Miller, A. A. Chernobaeva, Ya. I. Shtrombakh, et al., “Evolution of the nanostructure of VVER-1000 RPV materials under neutron irradiation and post irradiation annealing,” ibid., 385, No. 3, 615–622 (2009).Google Scholar
- 11.B. Gurovich, E. Kuleshova, Ya Shtrombakh, et al., “Evolution of weld metals nanostructure and properties under irradiation and recovery annealing of VVER-type reactors,” ibid., 434, 72–84 (2013).Google Scholar
- 12.Ya. I. Strombakh, B. A. Gurovich, E. A. Kuleshova, et al., “Experimental evaluation of the effi ciency of recovery annealing of VVER-100 vessels,” At. Energ., 109, No. 4, 205–213 (2010).Google Scholar
- 14.B. Gurovich, E. Kuleshova, Ya. Shtrombakh, et al., “Evolution of microstructure and mechanical properties of VVER-1000 RPV steels under re-irradiation,” ibid., 456, 373–381 (2015).Google Scholar
- 16.D. Yu. Erak, V. B. Papina, A. A. Chernobaeva, et al., “Radiation embrittlement of VVER-440 vessel materials after annealing,” Vopr. At. Nauki Tekhn. Ser. Fiz. Yad. Reakt., No. 2, 67–78 (2017).Google Scholar