Combined Method of Calculating Nuclear Power Facility Protection
- 2 Downloads
This article is devoted to a method for calculating the radiation protection based on combined use of the Monte Carlo method and the method of characteristics. The method implements a scheme for automatic reduction of dispersion CADIS (Consistent Adjoint Driven Importance Sampling) based on the solution of a multigroup adjoint problem by the method of characteristics using the MCCG3D code. The presented method makes it possible to generate spatial-energy weight windows on an auxiliary grid for Monte Carlo calculations. The general structure of the method including the results of model calculations showing its efficacy is presented.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.J. Wagner, D. Peplov, S. Mosher, and T. Evans, “Review of hybrid (deterministic/Monte Carlo) radiation transport methods, codes, and applications at Oak Ridge national laboratory,” Progr. Nucl. Sci. Technol., 2, 808–814 (2011).Google Scholar
- 2.M. Munk, R. Slaybaugh, T. Pandya, and S. Johnson, “FM-CADIS-Ω: an angle-informed hybrid method for deeppenetration radiation transport,” in: PHYSOR 2016, Sun Valley, May 1–5, 2016, pp. 1069–1089.Google Scholar
- 3.D. Griesheimer and B. Nease, “Improved weight window variance reduction for coupled radiation Monte Carlo transport сalculations,” ibid., pp. 3306–3315.Google Scholar
- 4.I. R. Suslov, “Improvements in the long characteristics method and their effi ciency for deep penetration calculations,” Progr. Nucl. Energy, 39, 223 (2001).Google Scholar
- 5.“MCCG3D – 3D Discrete Ordinates Transport Code for Unstructured Grid/State of Art and Future Development,” in: Neutronics-96, GNTS RF – FEI, Obninsk (1996), p. 162.Google Scholar
- 6.I. R. Suslov, “An improved transport theory schemes based on the quasi-stationary derivatives principle,” in: Proc. Intern. Conf. on Math. Meth. and Supercomputing in Nucl. Applications, USA, Oct. 5–9, 1997.Google Scholar
- 7.MCNP – a General Monte Carlo N-Particle Transport Code, Ver. 4B, LANL-12625-M (1997).Google Scholar
- 8.RSICC Computer Code Collection. Twodant-Sys. One- and Two-Dimensional, Multigroup, Discrete-Ordinates Transport Code System, ORNL, CC-547 (1992).Google Scholar
- 9.X-5 Monte Carlo Team. MCNP – a General Monte Carlo N-Particle Transport Code, Ver. 5, Vol. II, User’s Guide, LANL (2003).Google Scholar
- 10.I. R. Suslov and I. A. Lyamtsev, Hybrid Method of Calculating Protections for NPF, Preprint GNTS – FEI-3267, Obninsk (2016).Google Scholar