SAFR/V1 (EVKLID/V2 Integral Code Module) Aided Simulation of Melt Movement Along the Surface of a Fuel Element in a Fast Reactor During a Serious Accident
- 16 Downloads
The basic approaches used in the SAFR/V1 module of the integral code EVKLID/V2 to simulate the movement of the melt formed upon melting of fuel elements are presented. The system of mass, energy, and momentum conservation equations used to simulate the movement of melt is presented. Special attention is devoted to methods of numerical approximation of the equations as well as to the solution of problems involving smearing of the solution at the melt boundary. The realized methods of stimulating the motion of melt have been verified on the basis of tests with known analytical solutions.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.E. V. Usov, A. A. Butov, V. I. Chukhno, et al, “Simulation of the melting of a filament in a fast reactor and solidification of deformed melt with the aid of the SAFR/V1 module of the interval code EVKLID/V2,” At. Energ., 124, No. 3, 123–127 (2018).Google Scholar
- 4.G. N. Vlasichev, “Numerical simulation of the movement and solidification of fuel melt during a serious accident in a fast reactor,” At. Energ., 90, No. 5, 345–353 (2001).Google Scholar
- 8.G. N. Vlasichev, “Computational model of the melting of a filament taking account of the movement of the melted cladding in the core of the BN reactor during a beyond design basis accident,” Izv. Vyssh. Uchebn. Zaved. Yad. Energet., No. 3, 21–32 (2001).Google Scholar
- 9.S. K. Godunov, “Difference method of calculating shockwaves,” Usp. Mat. Nauk, 12, No. 1(73), 176–177 (1957).Google Scholar
- 10.S. K. Godunov and V. S. Ryaben’kii, Difference Schemes, Nauka, Moscow (1973).Google Scholar
- 13.V. M. Alipchenkov, A. M. Anfimov, D. A. Afremov, et al., “Basic positions, current status of the development and prospects for further development of the next-generation thermohydraulic computational code HYDRA-IBRAE/LM for simulating fast reactor installations,” Teploenergetika, No. 2, 54–64 (2016).Google Scholar
- 14.E. V. Usov, A. A. Butov, G. A. Dugarov, et al., “System of closing relations for a two fluid model in the code HYDRA-IBRAE/LM/V1 for calculating processes accompanying sodium boiling in power-generating equipment channels,” Teploenergetika, No. 7, 48–55 (2017).Google Scholar