RBMK Neutron-Physical Characteristics and Nuclear Safety
- 5 Downloads
The neutron-physical characteristics of RBMK at the Kursk, Leningradskaya, and Smolensk NPPs for 2015–2017, as determined from calculations of more than 6000 actual states at nominal power, are presented. The results of computational modeling of shutdown regimes upon actuation of the shutdown systems of the emergency protection and fast power reduction are presented. It is shown that the physical characteristics, efficiency, and fast response of the shutdown systems of the emergency protection and fast power reduction ensure the nuclear safety of RBMK. The effect of repair of the graphite stack with a sharp graphite blocks on the neutron-physical characteristics of the reactor is determined. It is shown that the removal of some of the graphite during the repair of 500–600 graphite columns results in a reduction of the steam coefficient of reactivity and partial or complete removal of additional absorbers from the core while maintaining the neutronic characteristics and nuclear safety of RBMK.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.A. A. Petrov (ed.), RBMK Channel-Type Nuclear Power Reactor, NIKIET, Moscow (2013), 2nd ed.Google Scholar
- 3.M. N. Mikhailov, M. I. Rozhdestvenskii, and S. G. Ukharov, “Automation of nuclear power facilities,” At. Energ., 103, No. 1, 55–61 (2006).Google Scholar
- 4.SADCO Software Certification, Ver. 10.1, Reg. No. 339, NTTs YaRB, Moscow (2013).Google Scholar
- 5.N. I. Alekseev, S. N. Bol’shagin, E. A. Gomin, et al., “MCU-5 status,” Vopr. At. Nauki Tekh. Ser. Fiz. Yad. Reakt., 4, 5–23 (2011).Google Scholar
- 6.Yu. V. Alimov, V. K. Davydov, A. P. Zhirnov, and I. M. Rozhdestvenskii, “Computational platform GENIFER for precision neutron-physical calculations of RBMK-1000 reactors,” in: NIKIET Ann. Report (2009), pp. 65–66.Google Scholar