Equilibrium Structure of Rotationally and Tidally Distorted Prasad Model Including the Effect of Mass Variation Inside the Star
- 47 Downloads
In this paper we propose suitable modifications in the concept of Roche equipotentials to account for the effect of mass distribution inside the star on its equipotential surfaces and use this in conjunction with the approach of Kippenhahn and Thomas, in a manner earlier used by Prasad and Mohan, to incorporate the effects of rotational and tidal forces in the equations of stellar structure parameters. The proposed method has been used to compute the structure parameters of the rotationally and tidally distorted Prasad model of the star.
Key wordsRoche equipotentials equilibrium structure of stars Prasad model rotating stars stars in binary systems
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.H. S. Gurm and Ph. D. Thesis, University of Roorkee, Roorkee, India, 1987.Google Scholar
- 3.R. Kippenhahn and H. C. Thomas, A simple method for the solution of stellar structure equations including rotation and tidal forces, Stellar Rotation, ed. A. Slettebak, D. Reidel, Dordrecht, Holland, 20-29, 1970.Google Scholar
- 5.S. R. Agarwal and Ph. D. Thesis, University of Roorkee, Roorkee, India, 1987.Google Scholar
- 6.M. K. Sharma and Ph. D. Thesis, RoorkeeUniversity, Roorkee, India, 1997.Google Scholar
- 18.S. Saini, Ph. D. Thesis, Indian Institute of Technology, Roorkee, India, 2005.Google Scholar