Traversable wormholes in \(f(R,T)\) gravity
- 3 Downloads
In the present article, models of traversable wormholes within the \(f(R, T)\) modified gravity theory, where \(R\) is the Ricci scalar and \(T\) is the trace of the energy-momentum tensor, are investigated. We have presented some wormhole models, which are formulated from various hypothesis for their matter content, i.e. various relations for their lateral and radial pressure components. The solutions found for the shape functions of the wormholes produced complies with the required metric conditions. The validity of solution is examined by exploring null, strong and dominant energy conditions. It is concluded that the normal matter in the throat may pursue the energy conditions, and it is the higher-order curvature terms, termed as the gravitational field, that supports the non-standard geometries of wormholes in the context of modified gravity.
KeywordsTraversable wormholes \(f(R,T)\) gravity Energy conditions Shape functions
The authors are thankful to GLA University, Mathura, India for providing support and facility to carry out this research work. The authors are grateful to Ayan Banerjee, University of KwaZulu Natal, South Africa, for fruitful discussion and suggestions during his visit to GLA University. We would like to thank the learned reviewer(s) for his elaborate and valuable comments and suggestions/changes those help us to improve this paper significantly in the present form.
- Banerjee, A., Moraes, P.H.R.S., Correa, R.A.C., Ribeiro, G.: Wormholes in Randall-Sundrum braneworld (2019a). arXiv preprint arXiv:1904.10310
- Banerjee, A., Singh, K., Jasim, M.K., Rahaman, F.: Traversable wormholes in \(f (R, T) \) gravity with conformal motions (2019b). arXiv preprint arXiv:1908.04754
- Debnath, P.S.: Bulk viscous cosmological model in \(f (R, T) \) theory of gravity (2019). arXiv preprint arXiv:1907.02238
- Mandal, S., Sahoo, P., Sahoo, P.K.: Wormhole model with a hybrid shape function in \(f(R,T)\) gravity (2019). arXiv:1911.13247 [gr-qc]
- Moraes, P.H.R.S., Sahoo, P.K.: Wormholes in exponential \(f (R, T) \) gravity (2019). arXiv preprint arXiv:1903.03421
- Sahoo, P., Kirschner, A., Sahoo, P.K.: Phantom fluid wormhole in \(f (R, T) \) gravity (2019). arXiv preprint arXiv:1906.04048
- Samanta, G.C., Godani, N., Bamba, K.: Traversable Wormholes with Exponential Shape Function in Modified Gravity and in General Relativity: A Comparative Study (2018). arXiv:1811.06834v1 [gr-qc]
- Singh, K.N., Banerjee, A., Rahaman, F., Jasim, M.K.: Conformally symmetric traversable wormholes in modified teleparallel gravity (2020). arXiv:2001.00816 [gr-qc]
- Visser, M.: Lorentzian Wormholes: From Einstein to Hawking. Springer, New York (1996) Google Scholar