Tolman-Oppenheimer-Volkoff equations and their implications for the structures of relativistic stars in \(f(T)\) gravity
- 94 Downloads
We investigate in this paper the structures of neutron and quark stars in \(f(T)\) theory of gravity where \(T\) denotes the torsion scalar. Attention is attached to the TOV type equations of this theory and numerical integrations of these equations are performed with suitable EoS. We search for the deviation of the mass-radius diagrams for power-law and exponential type correction from the \(TT\) gravity. Our results show that for some values of the input parameters appearing in the considered models, \(f(T)\) theory promotes more the structures of the relativistic stars, in consistency with the observational data.
A.V. Kpadonou and M.J.S. Houndjo thank Ecole Normale Supérieure de Natitingou for partial financial support. M.E. Rodrigues expresses his sincere gratitude do UFPA and CNPq for partial financial support during the elaboration of this work. The authors thank very much Professor S.D. Odintsov for useful comments and discussions.
- Astashenok, A.V., Odintsov, S.D.: arXiv:1512.07279 [gr-qc] (2015)
- Capozziello, S., Carloni, S., Troisi, A.: Recent Res. Dev. Astron. Astrophys. 1, 625 (2003) Google Scholar
- Guo, J.-Q., Frolov, A.V.: arXiv:1305.7290 [astro-ph.CO] (2013)
- Hamzeh, A., Weller, J.M.: arXiv:1307.7977v2 [gr-qc] (2013)
- Nojiri, S., Odintsov, S.D.: eConf C 0602061, 06 (2006) Google Scholar
- Nojiri, S., Odintsov, S.D.: arXiv:1306.4426 [gr-qc] (2013)