Geodesics and geodesic deviation in static charged black holes
The radial motion along null geodesics in static charged black hole space–times, in particular, the Reissner–Nordström and stringy charged black holes, are studied. We analyzed the properties of the effective potential. The circular photon orbits in these space–times are investigated. We found that the radius of circular photon orbits in both charged black holes are different and differ from that given in Schwarzschild space–time. We studied the physical effects of the gravitational field between two test particles in stringy charged black hole and compared the results with that given in Schwarzschild and Reissner–Nordström black holes.
KeywordsGeodesics and geodesic deviation Circular photon orbits Static charged black hole
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Adler, R., Bazin, M., Schiffer, M.: Introduction to General Relativity, 2nd edn. McGraw-Hill, New York (1975) Google Scholar
- Clark, C.J.S.: Elementary General Relativity. Edward Arnold, London (1979) Google Scholar
- D’Invermo, R.: Introducing Einstein’s Relativity. Oxford University Press, New York (1992) Google Scholar
- Ellis, G.F.R., van Elst, H.: Deviation of geodesics in FLRW spacetime geometries. arXiv:gr-qc/9709060 (1997)
- Ghosh, S., Kar, S.: Geodesics and geodesic deviation in warped spacetime with a time dependent extra dimension. arXiv:0904.2321v1 [gr-qc] (2009)
- Harvey, J.A., Strominger, A.: Quantum aspects of black holes, Preprint EFI-92-41, arXiv:hep-th/9209055 (1992)
- Misner, C., Thorne, K., Wheeler, J.: Gravitation. Freeman, San Francisco (1973) Google Scholar
- Schutz, B.F.: A First Course in General Relativity. Cambridge Univ. Press, Cambridge (1985) Google Scholar
- Wald, R.M.: General Relativity. Chicago and London (1984) Google Scholar