Stability in Period and Amplitude: The High-Amplitude δ Scuti Star YZ Boötis
- 58 Downloads
The variability of period and amplitude of the high-amplitude δ Scuti star YZ Boo was thoroughly investigated based on a comprehensive analysis of new time-series photometry and other available data. Fourier analysis, O–Cdiagram, and wavelet analysis establish a clear picture for the star's time-dependent behavior in period and amplitude. We detected no additional frequencies being intrinsic to the variable or caused by amplitude/frequency modulation confirming its mono-periodicity. We reveal the pulsation of YZ Boo is quite stable in both period and amplitude over the past 50 years. Short-term variations at cycle level including “anomalous cycles” are present clearly, while long-term variations in period and amplitude at annual base are insignificant. However, we note an increment from 2000 to 2003 in both period and amplitude. In 2000 the amplitude reached the lowest. This is indicated by the Fourier and wavelet results. In the long term, O–Cfits and wavelet analysis agree with the Fourier results that the period change of YZ Boo is still inconclusive.
KeywordsStars: variable: δ Scuti stars Stars: oscillations Stars: individual: YZ Boötis
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Agerer, F., Dahm, M., Hübscher, J.: Inf. Bull. Variable Stars, No. 4712 (1999)Google Scholar
- Agerer, F., Hübscher, J.: Inf. Bull. Variable Stars, No. 5017 (2000)Google Scholar
- Broglia, P., Masani, A.: Contr. Obs. Astron. Milano-Merate, No. 102 (1957)Google Scholar
- Hamdy, M.A., Mahdy, H.A., Soliman, M.A.: Inf. Bull. Variable Stars, No. 2963 (1986)Google Scholar
- Handler, G.: Comm. in Asteroseismology 140, 6 (Austrian Acad. Sci.) (2001)Google Scholar
- Jiang, X.-J., Hu, J.-Y.: Acta Astron. Sin. 39, 438 (1998)Google Scholar
- McNamara, D.H.: in Delta Scuti and Related Stars, ASP Conferences Series 210, Breger, M., Montgomery, M.H. (eds.), A.S.P., San Francisco, p. 373 (2000)Google Scholar
- Montgomery, M.H., O'Donoghue, D.: Delta Scuti Star Newletter 13, 28 (Univ. of Vienna) (1999)Google Scholar
- Sperl, M.: Comm. in Asteroseismology 111, 1 (Vienna: Austrian Academy of Sciences) (1998)Google Scholar
- Szeidl, B., Mahdy, H.A.: Comm. Konkoly Obs., No. 75 (Budapest) (1981)Google Scholar