Existence of minimizers and necessary conditions in set-valued optimization with equilibrium constraints
In this paper we study set-valued optimization problems with equilibrium constraints (SOPECs) described by parametric generalized equations in the form 0 ∈ G(x) + Q(x), where both G and Q are set-valued mappings between infinite-dimensional spaces. Such models particularly arise from certain optimization-related problems governed by set-valued variational inequalities and first-order optimality conditions in nondifferentiable programming. We establish general results on the existence of optimal solutions under appropriate assumptions of the Palais-Smale type and then derive necessary conditions for optimality in the models under consideration by using advanced tools of variational analysis and generalized differentiation.
Keywordsvariational analysis nonsmooth and set-valued optimization equilibrium constraints existence of optimal solutions necessary optimality conditions generalized differentiation
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- T. Q. Bao, P. Gupta, B. S. Mordukhovich: Necessary conditions in multiobjective optimization with equilibrium constraints. J. Optim. Theory Appl. 135 (2007).Google Scholar
- J. M. Borwein, Q. J. Zhu: Techniques of Variational Analysis. CMS Books in Math., Vol. 20. Springer-Verlag, New York, 2005.Google Scholar
- F. Facchinei, J.-S. Pang: Finite-Dimensional Variational Inequalities and Complementary Problems, Vol. I, Vol. II. Springer-Verlag, New York, 2003.Google Scholar
- J. Jahn: Vector Optimization. Theory, Applications and Extensions. Series Oper. Res. Springer-Verlag, Berlin, 2004.Google Scholar
- B. S. Mordukhovich: Variational Analysis and Generalized Differentiation. I. Basic Theory. Grundlehren Series (Fundamental Principles of Mathematical Sciences), Vol. 330. Springer-Verlag, Berlin, 2006.Google Scholar
- B. S. Mordukhovich: Variational Analysis and Generalized Differentiation. II. Applications. Grundlehren Series (Fundamental Principles of Mathematical Sciences), Vol. 331. Springer-Verlag, Berlin, 2006.Google Scholar
- B. S. Mordukhovich, J. V. Outrata: Coderivative analysis of quasivariational inequalities with applications to stability and optimization. SIAM J. Optim. To appear.Google Scholar
- B. S. Mordukhovich, J. V. Outrata, and M. Červinka: Equilibrium problems with complementarity constraints: case study with applications to oligopolistic markets. Optimization. To appear.Google Scholar
- R.T. Rockafellar, R. J.-B. Wets: Variational Analysis. Grundlehren Series (Fundamental Principles of Mathematical Sciences), Vol. 317. Springer-Verlag, Berlin, 1998.Google Scholar