Fuzzy risk analysis based on the ranking of generalized trapezoidal fuzzy numbers
- 838 Downloads
In this paper, we present a new method for fuzzy risk analysis based on the ranking of generalized trapezoidal fuzzy numbers. The proposed method considers the centroid points and the standard deviations of generalized trapezoidal fuzzy numbers for ranking generalized trapezoidal fuzzy numbers. We also use an example to compare the ranking results of the proposed method with the existing centroid-index ranking methods. The proposed ranking method can overcome the drawbacks of the existing centroid-index ranking methods. Based on the proposed ranking method, we also present an algorithm to deal with fuzzy risk analysis problems. The proposed fuzzy risk analysis algorithm can overcome the drawbacks of the one we presented in .
KeywordsRanking methods Distance method Centroid points Standard deviations Fuzzy risk analysis
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Chen SH (1985) Operations on fuzzy numbers with function principal. Tamkang J Manag Sci 6(1):13–25Google Scholar
- 2.Chen SH (1999) Ranking generalized fuzzy number with graded mean integration. In: Proceedings of the Eighth International Fuzzy Systems Association World Congress, vol 2. Taipei, Taiwan, Republic of China, pp 899–902Google Scholar
- 4.Chen SJ, Chen SM (2002) A new ranking method for handling outsourcing targets selection problems. In: Proceedings of the 13th international conference on information management, vol 1. Taipei, Taiwan, Republic of China, pp 103–110Google Scholar
- 5.Chen SJ, Chen SM (2000) A new simple center-of-gravity method for handling the fuzzy ranking and the defuzzification problems. In: Proceedings of the eighth national conference on fuzzy theory and its applications. Taipei, Taiwan, Republic of ChinaGoogle Scholar
- 11.Cheng CH (1999) A simple fuzzy group decision making method. In: Proceedings of the eighth IEEE international conference on fuzzy systems, vol 2. Kaohsiung, Taiwan, pp 22–25Google Scholar
- 12.Choobineh F, Li H (1990) A new index for ranking fuzzy numbers. In: Proceedings of the first international symposium on uncertainty modeling and analysis, vol 3–5. Nebraska, USA, pp 387– 391Google Scholar
- 15.Lee JH, Hyung LK (2000) A method for ranking fuzzily fuzzy numbers. In: Proceedings of the ninth IEEE international conference on fuzzy systems, vol 1. Taejon, South Korea, pp 71–76Google Scholar
- 18.Murakami S, Maeda S, Imamura S (1983) Fuzzy decision analysis on the development of centralized regional energy control systems. In: Proceedings of the IFAC symposium on fuzzy information, knowledge representation and decision analysis. Pergamon Press, New York, pp 363–368Google Scholar
- 22.Yager RR (1992) Fuzzy sets and approximate reasoning in decision and control. In: Proceedings of the 1992 IEEE international conference on fuzzy systems. San Diego, California, pp 415–428Google Scholar
- 25.Zhang WR (1986) Knowledge representation using linguistic fuzzy relations. Ph.D. Dissertation, University of South Carolina, USAGoogle Scholar