A Public Health Approach to Children’s Mental Health Services: Possible Solutions to Current Service Inadequacies
- 558 Downloads
- Joint Commission on Mental Illness and Health. (1961). Action for Mental Health: The Final Report of the Joint Commission on Mental Illness and Health. New York: Basic Books.Google Scholar
- Blueprint for a Healthier America: Modernizing the Federal Public Health System to Focus on Prevention and Preparedness. (2008). Washington, DC: Trust for America’s Health. Retrieved from Trust for America’s Health website: http://healthyamericans.org/assets/files/Blueprint.pdf.
- Crump, D. (2007). Developing a prevention-oriented mental health system in Washington State. Olympia: Washington State Board of Health.Google Scholar
- Guiding Principles for Collaboration between Mental Health and Public Health. (2005). (Mental Health May 2005). Washington, DC: National Association of County & City Health Officials. Retrieved from NACCHO website: http://archive.naccho.org/documents/MHGP_proof5_20_051.pdf.
- Bazelon Center for Mental Health Law. (2005). Integration of Mental Health in the Public Health System. Washington, DC: Bazelon Center for Mental Health Law.Google Scholar
- Olds, D., Henderson, C., Jr., Cole, R., Eckenrode, J., Kitzman, H., Luckey, D., et al. (1998). Long-term effects of nurse home visitation on children’s criminal and antisocial behavior. JAMA: The Journal of the American Medical Association, 289, 1234–1238.Google Scholar
- Rutter, M. (2006). Genes and behavior: Nature–nurture interplay explained. Malden, MA: Blackwell Publishing.Google Scholar
© Springer Science+Business Media, LLC 2009