A Categorical Approach to Cyclic Cohomology of Quasi-Hopf Algebras and Hopf Algebroids
- 29 Downloads
We apply categorical machinery to the problem of defining cyclic cohomology with coefficients in two particular cases, namely quasi-Hopf algebras and Hopf algebroids. In the case of the former, no definition was thus far available in the literature, and while a definition exists for the latter, we feel that our approach demystifies the seemingly arbitrary formulas present there. This paper emphasizes the importance of working with a biclosed monoidal category in order to obtain natural coefficients for a cyclic theory that are analogous to the stable anti-Yetter–Drinfeld contramodules for Hopf algebras.
KeywordsCyclic homology Hopf algebras Quasi-Hopf algebras Hopf algebroids Monoidal categories Contramodules
Mathematics Subject Classification18D10 18E05 19D55 16T05
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
The authors wish to thank Masoud Khalkhali for stimulating questions and discussions. Furthermore, we are grateful to the referee for the constructive comments and useful references. The research of the second author was supported in part by the NSERC Discovery Grant Number 406709.
- 1.Böhm, G.: Hopf Algebroids, Handbook of Algebra Vol 6, edited by M. Hazewinkel, Elsevier, (2009), pp. 173–236Google Scholar
- 3.Brzezinski, T.: Hopf-cyclic homology with contramodule coefficients, Quantum groups and noncommutative spaces, 1–8, Aspects Math., E41, Vieweg + Teubner, Wiesbaden, (2011)Google Scholar
- 12.Hassanzadeh, M., Khalkhali, M., Shapiro, I.: Monoidal categories, 2-traces, and cyclic cohomology. arXiv:1602.05441
- 14.Kobyzev, I., Shapiro, I.: Anti-Yetter–Drinfeld modules for quasi-Hopf algebras. arXiv:1804.02031
- 15.Kowalzig, N.: When Ext is a Batalin–Vilkovisky algebra (2016). arXiv:1610.01229
- 22.Shapiro, I.: Some invariance properties of cyclic cohomology with coefficients. arXiv:1611.01425