Novel method for random vibration analysis of single-degree-of-freedom vibroimpact systems with bilateral barriers
- 30 Downloads
The vibroimpact systems with bilateral barriers are often encountered in practice. However, the dynamics of the vibroimpact system with bilateral barriers is full of challenges. Few closed-form solutions were obtained. In this paper, we propose a novel method for random vibration analysis of single-degree-of-freedom (SDOF) vibroimpact systems with bilateral barriers under Gaussian white noise excitations. A periodic approximate transformation is employed to convert the equations of the motion to a continuous form. The probabilistic description of the system is subsequently defined through the corresponding Fokker-Planck-Kolmogorov (FPK) equation. The closed-form stationary probability density function (PDF) of the response is obtained by solving the reduced FPK equation and using the proposed iterative method of weighted residue together with the concepts of the circulatory probability flow and the potential probability flow. Finally, the versatility of the proposed approach is demonstrated by its application to two typical examples. Note that the solution obtained by using the proposed method can be used as the benchmark to examine the accuracy of approximate solutions obtained by other methods.
Key wordsbilateral barrier vibroimpact system weighted residue method iterative random vibration
Chinese Library ClassificationO324
2010 Mathematics Subject Classification74H15 74H50 74S30
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- BABISTKY, V. Theory of Vibro-Impact Systems and Applications, Springer-Verlag, Berlin (1998)Google Scholar
- JIN, X. L., HUANG, Z. L., and LEUNG, Y. T. Nonstationary probability densities of system response of strongly nonlinear single-degree-of-freedom system subject to modulated white noise excitation. Applied Mathematics and Mechanics (English Edition), 32(11), 1389–1398 (2011) https://doi.org/10.1007/s10483-011-1509-7 MathSciNetzbMATHCrossRefGoogle Scholar
- RONG, H. W., WANG, X. D., LUO, Q. Z., XU, W., and FANG, T. Subharmonic response of single-degree-of-freedom linear vibroimpact system to narrow-band random excitation. Applied Mathematics and Mechanics (English Edition), 32(9), 1159–1168 (2011) https://doi.org/10.1007/s10483-011-1489-x MathSciNetzbMATHCrossRefGoogle Scholar
- YURCHENKO, D., BURLON, A., PAOLA, M. D., and PIRROTTA, A. Approximate analytical mean-square response of an impacting stochastic system oscillator with fractional damping. ASCE-ASME Journal of Risk and Uncertainty in Engineering Systems, Part B: Mechanical Engineering, 3(3), 030903 (2017)CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- HAN, Q., XU, W., and YUE, X. L. Stochastic response analysis of noisy system with non-negative real-power restoring force by generalized cell mapping method. Applied Mathematics and Mechanics (English Edition), 36(3), 329–336 (2015) https://doi.org/10.1007/s10483-015-1918-6 MathSciNetCrossRefGoogle Scholar