Dynamical modeling and non-planar coupled behavior of inclined CFRP cables under simultaneous internal and external resonances
- 9 Downloads
A dynamic model for an inclined carbon fiber reinforced polymer (CFRP) cable is established, and the linear and nonlinear dynamic behaviors are investigated in detail. The partial differential equations for both the in-plane and out-of-plane dynamics of the inclined CFRP cable are obtained by Hamilton’s principle. The linear eigenvalues are explored theoretically. Then, the ordinary differential equations for analyzing the dynamic behaviors are obtained by the Galerkin integral and dimensionless treatments. The steady-state solutions of the nonlinear equations are obtained by the multiple scale method (MSM) and the Newton-Raphson method. The frequency- and force-response curves are used to investigate the dynamic behaviors of the inclined CFRP cable under simultaneous internal (between the lowest in-plane and out-of-plane modes) and external resonances, i.e., the primary resonances induced by the excitations of the in-plane mode, the out-of-plane mode, and both the in-plane mode and the out-of-plane mode, respectively. The effects of the key parameters, e.g., Young’s modulus, the excitation amplitude, and the frequency on the dynamic behaviors, are discussed in detail. Some interesting phenomena and results are observed and concluded.
KeyWordsinclined carbon fiber reinforced polymer (CFRP) cable nonlinear dynamics bifurcation internal resonance external resonance
Chinese Library ClassificationO175.14
2010 Mathematics Subject Classification701K30
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
Interesting comments by the reviewers are gratefully acknowledged.
- IRVINE, H. M. Cable Structures, MIT Press, Cambridge (1981)Google Scholar
- MEI, K., SUN, S., JIN, G., and SUN, Y. Static and dynamic mechanical properties of long-span cable-stayed bridges using CFRP cables. Advances in Civil Engineering, 2017, 1–11 (2017)Google Scholar
- KREMMIDAS, S. C. Improving Bridge Stay Cable Performance under Static and Dynamic Loads, Ph. D. dissertation, University of California, San Diego (2004)Google Scholar
- KAO, C. S., KOU, C. H., and XIE, X. Static instability analysis of long-span cable-stayed bridges with carbon fiber composite cable under wind load (in Chinese). Tamkang Journal of Science and Engineering, 9, 89–95 (2006)Google Scholar
- KOU, C. H., XIE, X., GAO, J. S., and HUANG, J. Y. Static behavior of long-span cable-stayed bridges using carbon fiber composite cable (in Chinese). Journal of Zhejiang University, 39, 137–142 (2005)Google Scholar
- FAN, Z., JIANG, Y., ZHANG, S., and CHEN, X. Experimental research on vibration fatigue of CFRP and its influence factors based on vibration testing. Shock and Vibration, 2017, 1–18 (2017)Google Scholar
- XIE, X., GAO, J. S., KOU, C. H., and HUANG, J. Y. Structural dynamic behavior of longspan cable-stayed bridges using carbon fiber composite cable (in Chinese). Journal of Zhejiang University, 39, 728–733 (2005)Google Scholar
- GUO, T., KANG, H., WANG, L., and ZHAO, Y. Triad mode resonant interactions in suspended cables, Science China: Physics, Mechanics and Astronomy, 59, 1–14 (2016)Google Scholar