Comparison and analysis of two Coulomb friction models on the dynamic behavior of slider-crank mechanism with a revolute clearance joint
- 125 Downloads
The objective of this study is to investigate the effects of the Coulomb dry friction model versus the modified Coulomb friction model on the dynamic behavior of the slider-crank mechanism with a revolute clearance joint. The normal and tangential forces acting on the contact points between the journal and the bearing are described by using a Hertzian-based contact force model and the Coulomb friction models, respectively. The dynamic equations of the mechanism are derived based on the Lagrange equations of the first kind and the Baumgarte stabilization method. The frictional force is solved via the linear complementarity problem (LCP) algorithm and the trial-and-error algorithm. Finally, three numerical examples are given to show the influence of the two Coulomb friction models on the dynamic behavior of the mechanism. Numerical results show that due to the stick friction, the slider-crank mechanism may exhibit stick-slip motion and can balance at some special positions, while the mechanism with ideal joints cannot.
Key wordsrevolute clearance joint slider-crank mechanism stick friction stick-slip linear complementarity problem (LCP)
Chinese Library ClassificationO313.7
2010 Mathematics Subject Classification70K75 70E18 70F25
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- SONG, Z., YANG, X., LI, B., XU, W., and HU, H. Modular dynamic modeling and analysis of planar closed-loop mechanisms with clearance joints and flexible links. Proceedings of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers, Part C: Journal of Mechanical Engineering Science, 231(3), 522–540 (2017)Google Scholar
- FARAHAN, S. B., GHAZAVI, M. R., and RAHMANIAN, S. Nonlinear dynamic analysis of a fourbar mechanism having revolute joint with clearance. Journal of Theoretical and Applied Vibration and Acoustics, 2(1), 91–106 (2016)Google Scholar
- BAI, Z., CHEN, J., and SUN, Y. Effects of contact force model on dynamics characteristics of mechanical system with revolute clearance joints. Iranian Journal of Science and Technology, Transactions of Mechanical Engineering, 38(M2), 375–388 (2014)Google Scholar
- YAN, S. and GUO, P. Kinematic accuracy analysis of flexible mechanisms with uncertain link lengths and joint clearances. Proceedings of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers, Part C: Journal of Mechanical Engineering Science, 225(8), 1973–1983 (2011)Google Scholar
- XU, Z., WANG, Q., and WANG, Q. Y. Numerical method for dynamics of multi-body systems with two-dimensional Coulomb dry friction and nonholonomic constraints. Applied Mathematics and Mechanics (English Edition), 38(12), 1733–1752 (2017) https://doi.org/10.1007/s10483-017-2285-8 MathSciNetzbMATHCrossRefGoogle Scholar
- NIKRAVESH, P. E. Computer-Aided Analysis of Mechanical Systems, Prentice-Hall, Inc., New Jersey (1988)Google Scholar