Mixed time discontinuous space-time finite element method for convection diffusion equations
- 58 Downloads
A mixed time discontinuous space-time finite element scheme for secondorder convection diffusion problems is constructed and analyzed. Order of the equation is lowered by the mixed finite element method. The low order equation is discretized with a space-time finite element method, continuous in space but discontinuous in time. Stability, existence, uniqueness and convergence of the approximate solutions are proved. Numerical results are presented to illustrate efficiency of the proposed method.
Key wordsconvection diffusion equations mixed finite element method time discontinuous space-time finite element method convergence
Chinese Library ClassificationO242.21
2000 Mathematics Subject Classification65N30 65M60
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Reed N H, Hill T R. Triangle mesh methods for the Neutron transport equation[R]. Report LA2 UR-73-479, Los Alamos Scientific Laboratory, 1973.Google Scholar
- Yan Jue, Shu Chi-wang. A local discontinuous galerkin method for KdV-type equation[R]. NASA/CR-2001-211026 ICASE, Report No.2001-20.Google Scholar
- Thomée Vider. Galerkin finite element methods for parabolic problems[M]. New York: Springer-Verlag, 1997.Google Scholar
- Li Hong, Guo Yan. The discontinuous space-time mixed finite element method for fourth order parabolic problems[J]. Acta Scientiarum Naturalium Universitatis NeiMongal, 2006, 37(1):20–22 (in Chinese).Google Scholar
- Zhangxin chen. Finite element methods and their applications[M]. Berlin: Springer-Verlag, 2005.Google Scholar