Pointwise and global well-posedness in set optimization: a direct approach
- 125 Downloads
The aim of this paper is to characterize some of the pointwise and global well-posedness notions available in literature for a set optimization problem completely by compactness or upper continuity of an appropriate minimal solution set maps. The characterizations of compactness of set-valued maps, lead directly to many characterizations for well-posedness. Sufficient conditions are also given for global well-posedness.
KeywordsWell-posedness Set optimization l-minimal solution Compactness Upper continuity
The authors thank the referees for their valuable suggestions that greatly helped to improve the paper. Research of C.S. Lalitha was supported by R&D Research Development Grant to University Faculty.
- Bednarczuck, E. M. (1987). Well posedness of vector optimization problem. In J. Jahn & W. Krabs (Eds.), Recent advances and historical development of vector optimization problems. Lecture notes in economics and mathematical systems, Vol. 294, pp. 51–61, Springer, BerlinGoogle Scholar
- Göpfert, A., Riahi, H., Tammer, C., & Zălinescu, C. (2003). Variational methods in partially ordered spaces. Springer: CMS Books in Mathematics.Google Scholar
- Khan, A., Tammer, C., & Zălinescu, C. (2015). Set-Valued Optimization. An Introduction with Applications. Vector Optimization. Berlin: Springer.Google Scholar
- Kuroiwa, D. (1999). Some duality theorems of set-valued optimization with natural criteria, In proceedings of the international conference on nonlinear analysis and convex analysis, World Scientific, River Edge, pp. 221–228.Google Scholar
- Kuroiwa, D. (2001). On set-valued optimization. Nonlinear. Analysis, 47, 1395–1400.Google Scholar
- Loridan, P. (1995). Well-posedness in vector optimization. Recent developments in well-posed variational problems. In R. Lucchetti & J. Revalski (Eds.), Mathematics and its applications, vol. 331, pp. 171–192, Academic Publishers, Dordrecht, Netherlands.Google Scholar