A note on allocation of portfolio shares of random assets with Archimedean copula
- 363 Downloads
This paper further studies the single-period portfolio allocation of risk assets under the assumption that random returns having increasing utility and Archimedean copula. The shares of risk assets in the optimal allocation are proved to be ordered when marginal returns have the likelihood ratio order, and sufficient conditions for the joint density of returns of a multivariate risk to be arrangement increasing is built as well.
KeywordsArrangement increasing Likelihood ratio order Majorization order Risk neutral Stochastic order
The authors would like to thank the valuable comments from two anonymous reviewers, which improved the presentation of this manuscript.
- Chen, Z., & Hu, T. (2008). Asset proportions in optimal portfolios with dependent default risks. Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, 43, 223–226. Google Scholar
- Cheung, K. C. (2006). Optimal portfolio problem with unknown dependency structure. Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, 38, 167–175. Google Scholar
- Cheung, K. C., & Yang, H. (2004). Ordering optimal proportions in the asset allocation problem with dependent default risks. Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, 35, 595–609. Google Scholar
- Genest, C., & MacKay, J. (1986a). The joy of copulas: Bivariate distributions with uniform marginals. American Statistician, 40, 280–283. Google Scholar
- Hua, L., & Cheung, K. C. (2008). Stochastic orders of scalar products with applications. Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, 42, 865–872. Google Scholar
- Marshall, A. W., & Olkin, I. (2007). Life distributions. New York: Springer. Google Scholar
- Marshall, A. W., Olkin, I., & Arnold, B. C. (2009). Inequalities: theory of majorization and its applications. New York: Springer. Google Scholar
- McNeil, A. J., Frey, R., & Embrechts, P. (2005). Quantitative risk management. Princeton, New York: Princeton University Press. Google Scholar
- Müller, A., & Stoyan, D. (2002). Comparison methods for stochastic models and risks. New York: Wiley. Google Scholar
- Nelsen, B. R. (2006). An introduction to copula. New York: Springer. Google Scholar
- Sklar, A.1 (1959). Fonctions de rèpartition à n dimensions et leurs marges. Publicationis de l’Institut de Statistique de Paris 8, 229–231. Google Scholar