XHSTT: an XML archive for high school timetabling problems in different countries
We present the progress on the benchmarking project for high school timetabling that was introduced at PATAT 2008. In particular, we announce the High School Timetabling Archive XHSTT-2011 with 21 instances from 8 countries and an evaluator capable of checking the syntax of instances and evaluating the solutions.
KeywordsTimetabling High school Benchmark XML Scheduling
- Ahmadi, S., & Rorije, B. (2010). High school timetabling problem repository. http://opt-kd.cse.dmu.ac.uk/www/.
- Bonutti, A., De Cesco, F., Di Gaspero, L., & Schaerf, A. (2010). Benchmarking curriculum-based course timetabling: formulations, data formats, instances, validation, visualization, and results. Annals of Operations Research (to appear). doi:10.1007/s10479-010-0707-0.
- Kingston, J. H. (2009). The HSEval high school timetable evaluator. http://www.it.usyd.edu.au/~jeff/hseval.cgi.
- McCollum, B., McMullan, P., Burke, E. K., Parkes, A. J., & Qu, R. (2007). In The second international timetabling competition: examination timetabling track. Queen’s University, QUB/IEEE/Tech/ITC2007/Exam/v4.0/17. Google Scholar
- Post, G. (2008). Benchmarking project for (high) school timetabling. http://www.utwente.nl/ctit/hstt.
- Post, G., Ahmadi, S., Daskalaki, S., Kingston, J. H., Kyngas, J., Nurmi, C., & Ranson, D. (2011). An XML format for benchmarks in high school timetabling. Annals of Operations Research (to appear). doi:10.1007/s10479-010-0699-9.