Cutting optimization of structural tubes to build agricultural light aircrafts
- 167 Downloads
In this study we deal with the one-dimensional cutting of metallic structural tubes used in the manufacturing of agricultural light aircrafts. The problem is modeled by mixed integer linear formulations aiming to minimize material trim losses and considering the possibility of generating remainders (leftovers) with enough size to reuse. To validate the application of the models in practice, we carried out experiments with real data of order lists from Ipanema, an agricultural airplane produced by a Brazilian aeronautical company. The models were solved using a modeling language and an optimization software. The computational results show that the models are useful in supporting decisions in this cutting process.
KeywordsOne-dimensional cutting problem Agricultural light aircrafts Tube cutting Mixed integer linear programming Aeronautics industry
- Abuabara, A. (2006). Otimização no corte de tubos estruturais: aplicação na indústria aeronáutica agrícola. Dissertation, Departamento de Engenharia de Produção, Universidade Federal de São Carlos, Brazil. Google Scholar
- Arenales, M., Morabito, R., & Yanasse, H. (Eds.) (1999). Special issue on cutting and packing problems. Pesquisa Operacional, 19(2), 107–299. Google Scholar
- Brooke, A., Kendrik, D., Meeraus, A., & Rosenthal, R. (1998). GAMS: a user’s guide. Washington: GAMS Development Co. Google Scholar
- Dyckhoff, H., & Finke, U. (1992). Cutting and packing in production and distribution: typology and bibliography. Heidelberg: Springer. Google Scholar
- Dyckhoff, H., Scheithauer, G., & Terno, J. (1997). Cutting and packing. In M. Amico, F. Maffioli, & S. Martello (Eds.), Annoted bibliographies in combinatorial optimization (pp. 393–414). New York: Wiley. Google Scholar
- ESICUP (2007). Euro special interest group on cutting and packing. Available in: http://paginas.fe.up.pt/~esicup/.
- Hifi, M. (2002). Special issue: cutting and packing problems. Studia Informatica Universalis, 2(1), 1–161. Google Scholar
- Mukhacheva, E. A. (Ed.) (1997). Decision making under conditions of uncertainty: cutting–packing problems. The International Scientific Collection, Ufa, Russia. Google Scholar
- Neiva (2006). Indústria Aeronáutica Neiva Ltda. Available in: http://www.aeroneiva.com.br.
- Williams, H. P. (1978). Model building in mathematical programming. New York: Wiley. Google Scholar