Multiplier sequences for simple sets of polynomials
- 127 Downloads
We give a new characterization of simple sets of polynomials B with the property that the set of B-multiplier sequences contains all Q-multiplier sequences for every simple set Q. We characterize sequences of real numbers which are multiplier sequences for every simple set Q, and obtain some results toward the partitioning of the set of classical multiplier sequences.
Key words and phrasespartitioning multiplier sequences simple sets of polynomials
Mathematics Subject Classification30C15
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- K. Blakeman, E. Davis, T. Forgács and K. Urabe, On Legendre multiplier sequences, to appear in Missouri J. Math. Sci. Google Scholar
- M. Chasse, Linear preservers and entire functions with restricted zero loci, Ph.D. dissertation, University of Hawai‘i at Manoa (2011). Google Scholar
- T. Forgács and A. Piotrowski, Multiplier sequences for generalized Laguerre bases, to appear in Rocky Mountain J. Math. Google Scholar
- A. Piotrowski, Linear operators and the distribution of zeros of entire functions, Ph.D. dissertation, University of Hawai‘i at Manoa (2007). Google Scholar
- G. Szegö, Orthogonal Polynomials, AMS Coll. Publ. XXIII (Providence, 1939). Google Scholar