Design of Wang shape neutralization line antenna to reduce the mutual coupling in MIMO antennas
- 12 Downloads
The making of a Wang shape neutralization line is proposed in this article. A micro strip fed dual-band polarized antenna having two slits cut on left and right side of the patch is inserted to achieve neutralization between the two patches. The proposed structure has a dimension of 60 mm × 40 mm patches, optimization procedure of 0.09 λ0 is chosen to reduce the mutual coupling and to maintain the spacing between the two radiators. For impedance matching a microstrip feed line to a wang shape neutralization line antenna is excited by a 50 Ω to generate wider operating dual-bands. By congruously embedding small rectangular slots in the patch, the antenna unveils dual-band linear polarization. The dual-band proposed antenna mechanism, surface current distribution, parametric study; step by step antenna design is discussed here. This antenna is suited for WiMAX, 2.6 GHz and C-band, 6.1 GHz applications.
KeywordsNeutralization line Mutual coupling Channel capacity TARC
- 8.Kumar, A, Sharma, M.,& Jhanwar, D. (2017). A compact triple-band planar MIMO diversity antenna for WiMAX/WLAN applications. In 2017 international conference on computer, communications and electronics (comptelix), IEEE.Google Scholar
- 11.Kumar, A., & Sharma, M. M. (2018). Compact triple-band stubs-loaded rectangular monopole antenna for WiMAX/WLAN applications. Optical and Wireless Technologies, (pp. 429–435). Springer, Singapore.Google Scholar
- 12.Ma, X. et al. (2016). Mutual coupling reduction between very closely spaced microstrip antennas using CPW structure. In MATEC web of conferences. (Vol. 75). EDP Sciences.Google Scholar
- 15.Chung, K. L. (2014). Investigation into further reduction of mutual coupling between Wang-shaped patch antennas. International workshop on electromagnetics: Applications and student innovation competition), Sapporo, Hokkaido, Japan, 15–116. https://doi.org/10.1109/iwem.2014.6963663.
- 16.Shinde, P. N., & Mishra, B. K. (2013). Design of triple band slot antenna for 802.11 a/b WLAN and upper UWB application using pentagon tuning stub. International Journal of Microwave and Optical Technology (IJMOT), 8(1), 11–17.Google Scholar