Lossless inductance simulation and voltage-mode universal biquadratic filter with one input and five outputs using DVCCs
- 272 Downloads
A lossless floating inductance has been simulated using two differential voltage current conveyors, two resistors and one grounded capacitor. The proposed floating inductance needs not component matching condition. Base on the proposed floating inductance as building block, a new voltage-mode universal biquadratic filter with one input and five outputs can be obtained. The proposed universal biquad uses two differential voltage current conveyors, three resistors and two grounded capacitors. All standard filter functions; highpass, bandpass, lowpass, notch and allpass can be obtained, simultaneously, without changing the passive elements. The proposed universal biquad has the features of using only grounded capacitors and orthogonal controllable of resonance angular frequency and quality factor.
KeywordsInductance Current conveyor Biquadratic filter
The author would like to thank Chung Yuan Christian University for financial support on this work. Thanks are also due to anonymous reviewers and Associate Editor, which have enabled the author to revised the paper and enhance its quality.
- 18.Khan, I. A., Ahmed, M. T., & Parveen, T. (1988). Novel wide-range electronically tunable ideal grounded inductance. IEE Proceedings Part G, 135(3), 104–106.Google Scholar
- 24.Fabre, A. (1993). Insensitive voltage-mode and current-mode filters from commercially available transimpedance opamps. IEE Proceedings Part G, 140(5), 319–321.Google Scholar
- 27.Senani, R. (1998). Realization of a class of analog signal processing/signal generation circuits: Novel configurations using current feedback Op-Amps. Frequenz, 52(9–10), 196–206.Google Scholar
- 28.Chang, C. M., & Lee, M. J. (1999). Voltage-mode multifunction filter with single input and three outputs using two compound current conveyors. IEEE Transactions on Circuits and Systems. I, Fundamental Theory and Applications, 46(11), 1364–1365. doi: 10.1109/81.802827.CrossRefMathSciNetGoogle Scholar
- 34.Horng, J. W., Hou, C. L., Chang, C. M., Chou, H. P., & Lin, C. T. (2006). High input impedance voltage-mode universal biquadratic filter with one input and five outputs using current conveyors. Circuits, Systems and Signal Processing, 25(6), 767–777. doi: 10.1007/s00034-005-1227-z.MATHCrossRefMathSciNetGoogle Scholar
- 36.Sun, Y., & Fidler, J. K. (1997). Structure generation and design of multiple loop feedback OTA-grounded capacitor filters. IEEE Transactions on Circuits and Systems I, 44(1), 1–11.Google Scholar
- 37.Gupta, S. S., & Senani, R. (2003). Realisation of current-mode SRCOs using all grounded passive elements. Frequenz, 57(1–2), 26–37.Google Scholar
- 38.Elwan, H. O., & Soliman, A. M. (1997). Novel CMOS differential voltage current conveyor and its applications. IEE Proceedings Part G, 144(3), 195–200.Google Scholar