Combinatorics on Binary Words and Codimensions of Identities in Left Nilpotent Algebras
Numerical characteristics of polynomial identities of left nilpotent algebras are examined. Previously, we came up with a construction which, given an infinite binary word, allowed us to build a two-step left nilpotent algebra with specified properties of the codimension sequence. However, the class of the infinite words used was confined to periodic words and Sturm words. Here the previously proposed approach is generalized to a considerably more general case. It is proved that for any algebra constructed given a binary word with subexponential function of combinatorial complexity, there exists a PI-exponent. And its precise value is computed.
Keywordsleft nilpotent algebra polynomial identity codimension subexponential function of combinatorial complexity PI-exponent
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Y. Bahturin and V. Drensky, Graded polynomial identities of matrices, Lin. Alg. Appl., 357, Nos. 1-3, 15-34 (2002).Google Scholar
- 3.S. P. Mishchenko, “Growth in varieties of Lie algebras,” Usp. Mat. Nauk, 45, No. 6 (276), 25-45 (1990).Google Scholar
- 4.M. V. Zaicev, “Identities of affine Katz–Moody algebras,” Vest. Mosk. Univ., Mat., Mekh., No. 2, 33-36 (1996).Google Scholar
- 13.A. B. Verevkin, M. V. Zaitsev, and S. P. Mishchenko, “A sufficient condition for coincidence of lower and upper exponents of the variety of linear algebras,” Vest. Mosk. Univ., Ser. 1, Mat., Mekh., No. 2, 36-39 (2011).Google Scholar
- 18.M. V. Zaitsev, “Codimension growth of metabelian algebras,” Vest. Mosk. Univ., Ser. 1, Mat., Mekh., No. 6, 15-20 (2017).Google Scholar
- 21.A. Giambruno and M. Zaicev, Polynomial Identities and Asymptotic Methods, Math. Surv. Monogr., 122, Am. Math. Soc., Providence, RI (2005).Google Scholar
- 22.G. James, The Representation Theory of the Symmetric Groups, Lect. Notes Math., 682, Springer (1978).Google Scholar
- 24.A. M. Shur, “Calculating parameters and behavior types of combinatorial complexity for regular languages,” Tr. Inst. Mat. Mech. UO RAN, 16, No. 2, 270-287 (2010).Google Scholar