Gaussian mixture model based segmentation methods for brain MRI images
- 901 Downloads
Image segmentation is at a preliminary stage of inclusion in diagnosis tools and the accurate segmentation of brain MRI images is crucial for a correct diagnosis by these tools. Due to in-homogeneity, low contrast, noise and inequality of content with semantic; brain MRI image segmentation is a challenging job. A review of the Gaussian Mixture Model based segmentation algorithms for brain MRI images is presented. The review covers algorithms for segmentation algorithms and their comparative evaluations based on reported results.
KeywordsStatistical MRI Brain
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Balafar MA (2011a) Spatial based Expectation Maximizing (EM). Diagn Pathol 6:103Google Scholar
- Balafar MA (2011b) New spatial based MRI image de-noising algorithm. Artif Intell Rev doi: 10.1007/s10462-011-9268-0
- Balafar MA, Ramli AR, Mashohor S (2011) Brain magnetic resonance image segmentation using novel improvement for expectation maximizing. Neurosciences 16: 242–247Google Scholar
- Chellappa, R, Jain, A (eds) (1993) Markov random fields theory and application. Academic Press, LondonGoogle Scholar
- Duda RO, Hart PE (1973) Patten classification and scene analysis. Wiley-Interscience, LondonGoogle Scholar
- Jeong S, Won CS, Gray RM (2003) Histogram-based image retrieval using Gauss mixture vector quantization. Presented at IEEE ICASSPGoogle Scholar
- Wang J (2007) Discriminative Gaussian mixtures for interactive image segmentation. In: Presented at IEEE international conference on acoustics, speech and signal processing (ICASSP), pp 386–396Google Scholar
- Zijdenbos AP, Dawant BM (1994) Brain segmentation and white matter lesion detection in MR images. Crit Rev Biomed Eng 22: 401–465Google Scholar