The Evidence for the Role of Concurrent Partnerships in Africa’s HIV Epidemics: A Response to Lurie and Rosenthal
- 1.SADC. Expert think tank meeting on HIV prevention in high-prevalence countries in southern Africa: report. www.sadc.int/archives/read/news/802 (2006). Accessed 25 June 2009.
- 2.UNAIDS, Harvard AIDS Prevention Research Project, World Bank. Strategic considerations for communications on multiple and concurrent partnerships within broader HIV prevention in Southern Africa. www.unaidsrstesa.org (2008). Accessed 25 June 2009.
- 3.Lurie MN, Rosenthal S. Concurrent partnerships as a driver of the HIV epidemic in sub-Saharan Africa: the evidence is limited. AIDS Behav. 2009; doi:10.1007/s10461-009-9583-5.
- 5.Mah TL, Halperin DT. Concurrent sexual partnerships and the HIV epidemics in Africa: evidence to move forward. AIDS Behav. 2008; doi:10.1007/s10461-008-9433-x).
- 7.Caraël M. Sexual behaviour. In: Cleland JG, Ferry B, editors. Sexual behaviour and AIDS in the developing world. London: Taylor & Francis, World Health Organization; 1995.Google Scholar
- 8.Morris M. Partnership networks and HIV: global consequences of local decisions. In: NIH Advisory Council Meeting, June 2003.Google Scholar
- 9.Gourvenec D, Taruberekera N, Mochaka O, Kasper T. Multiple concurrent partnerships among men and women aged 15–34 in Botswana—baseline study. www.psi.org/hiv/tools/index.html (2007). Accessed 25 June 2009.
- 11.Campbell M, Mullins J, Hughes J, Deng W, Raugi D, Sorensen S, et al. Determination of transmission linkage in the partners in prevention study. In: 5th IAS conference on HIV pathogenesis, treatment and prevention, Cape Town, South Africa, 19–22 July 2009.Google Scholar
- 19.Mishra V, Bignami-Van Assche S. Concurrent sexual partnerships and HIV infection: evidence from national population-based surveys. DHS Working Paper No. 62. www.measuredhs.com/pubs/ (2009). Accessed 20 June 2009.
- 21.Soul City Institute Regional Programme. Multiple and concurrent sexual partnerships in Southern Africa: a ten country research report. www.soulcity.org/za (2008). Accessed 25 June 2009.
- 23.UNAIDS Reference Group on Estimates Modelling and Projections. Consultation on concurrent sexual partnerships: recommendations from a meeting held in Nairobi, Kenya. http://www.epidem.org/publications.htm (2009). Accessed 25 June 2009.
© Springer Science+Business Media, LLC 2009