An optimally concentrated Gabor transform for localized time-frequency components
- 254 Downloads
Gabor analysis is one of the most common instances of time-frequency signal analysis. Choosing a suitable window for the Gabor transform of a signal is often a challenge for practical applications, in particular in audio signal processing. Many time-frequency (TF) patterns of different shapes may be present in a signal and they can not all be sparsely represented in the same spectrogram. We propose several algorithms, which provide optimal windows for a user-selected TF pattern with respect to different concentration criteria. We base our optimization algorithm on l p -norms as measure of TF spreading. For a given number of sampling points in the TF plane we also propose optimal lattices to be used with the obtained windows. We illustrate the potentiality of the method on selected numerical examples.
KeywordsGabor transform Time-frequency analysis Optimization Sparsity Signal processing Audio
Mathematics Subject Classifications (2010)65K10 65T99 42C15
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 3.Christensen, O.: Frames and Bases. An Introductory Course. In: Applied and Numerical Harmonic Analysis. Basel Birkhäuser (2008)Google Scholar
- 4.de Gosson, M.A., Onchis, D.: Multivariate symplectic Gabor frames with Gaussian windows. preprint (2012)Google Scholar
- 5.Feichtinger, H.G., Onchis-Moaca, D., Ricaud, B., Torrésani, B., Wiesmeyr, C.: A method for optimizing the ambiguity function concentration. In: Proceedings of Eusipco (2012)Google Scholar
- 9.Gröchenig, K.: Foundations of Time-Frequency Analysis. Applied Numerical Harmonic Analysis. Birkhäuser, Boston (2001)Google Scholar
- 10.Hampejs, M., Holighaus, N., Tóth, L., Wiesmeyr, C.: On the subgroups of the group Z m × Z n. arXiv:1211.1797 (2012)
- 12.Mallat, S.: A wavelet tour of signal processing: the sparse way. 3rd edn. Academic, (2009)Google Scholar
- 13.Ricaud, B., Torrésani, B.: A survey of uncertainty principles and some signal processing applications. Adv. Comput. Math. (2013). doi: 10.1007/s10444-013-9323-2
- 15.Søndergaard, P.L., Torrésani, B., Balazs, P.: The linear time frequency analysis toolbox. Int. J. Wavelets Multiresolution Anal. Inf. Process. 10(4) (2012)Google Scholar