Improved stability estimates and a characterization of the native space for matrix-valued RBFs
- 163 Downloads
In this paper we derive several new results involving matrix-valued radial basis functions (RBFs). We begin by introducing a class of matrix-valued RBFs which can be used to construct interpolants that are curl-free. Next, we offer a characterization of the native space for divergence-free and curl-free kernels based on the Fourier transform. Finally, we investigate the stability of the interpolation matrix for both the divergence-free and curl-free cases, and when the kernel has finite smoothness we obtain sharp estimates.
KeywordsDivergence-free Radial basis functions Stability Native spaces Interpolation
Mathematics Subject Classifications (2000)41A05 41A30 41A63 65Dxx
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 3.Fuselier, E.: Refined error estimates for matrix-valued radial basis functions. Ph.D. thesis, Texas A&M University (2006)Google Scholar
- 5.Lowitzsch, S.: Approximation and interpolation employing divergence-free radial basis functions with applications. Ph.D. thesis, Texas A&M University (2002)Google Scholar
- 13.Stein, E.M.: Singular Integrals and Differentiability Properties of Functions. Princeton University Press, Princeton, NJ (1971)Google Scholar
- 15.Watson, G.N., Whittaker, E.T.: A Course of Modern Analysis, 4th edn. Cambridge University Press, London (1965)Google Scholar
- 16.Wendland, H.: Scattered Data Approximation. Cambridge University Press, Cambridge (2004)Google Scholar