Fatigue Hysteresis Loops Simulation of SiCf /Ti Composites under Two-Stage Cyclic Loading
- 29 Downloads
The fatigue hysteresis behavior of SiCf/Ti composites at two-stage cyclic loading has been investigated in present analysis. The effect of fiber volume fraction, loading sequence and fiber shape parameters on the fatigue hysteresis loops of composites were analyzed. Based on the law of interface slip during loading and unloading, the hysteresis loop models considering the failure criterion of fibers and interface shear stress degradation have been developed. Then, the validity of the model was confirmed by experiments. The study provides a basis and reference for further study of mechanical properties under multistage or even random cyclic loading.
KeywordsSiCf/Ti composites Hysteresis loops Two-stage cyclic loading The model of interfacial frictional sliding
This work was supported in part by National Basic Research Program of China, National Natural Science Foundation of China (51675266), Aeronautical Science Foundation of China (2014ZB52024), Foundation of Graduate Innovation Center in NUAA (no.kfjj20170208).Foundation of Graduate Innovation Center in NUAA (no.kfjj20170220),Postgraduate Research & Practice Innovation Program of Jiangsu Province(KYCX18_0314).
- 2.Peihuan, L.I., Zhang, Y., Wang, T., et al.: Research Progress on continuous SiC Fiber reinforced metal matrix composite[J]. J. Mater. Eng. 44(8), 121–129 (2016)Google Scholar
- 4.Sun, Y.J., Zhong, W.S., Shi, H.F., et al.: A review on metal matrix composites[J]. Foundry Technology. (2004)Google Scholar
- 5.Wu, G.: Development challenge and opportunity of metal matrix composites[J]. Acta Materiae Compositae Sinica. 31(5), 1228–1237 (2014)Google Scholar
- 6.Wang, T., Zhao, Y., Fu, S., et al.: Progress and key problems in research and fabrication of Fiber reinforced metal matrix composite[J]. J Aeronautical Materials. 33(2), 87–96 (2013)Google Scholar
- 8.Xuan, F.: Fatigue damage of laminated composites and two stage loading life prediction[J]. Chinese J Appl Mech. 15(1), 90–94 (1998)Google Scholar
- 10.Chen, Y., Shi, Z., Zhu, Q.: Interfacial DEBONDING of composite under two-stage loading[j]. Acta Materiae Compositae Sinica. 21(4), 140–145 (2004)Google Scholar
- 12.Juntao, C.: Study on Fatigue Behavior of Carbon-Fiber Reinforced Composite under High and Low Cyclic Loading [D]. Harbin Institute of Technology (2017)Google Scholar
- 13.LiYang, X., WengGe, L.V., ZhaoFeng, S.: Experimental study on fatigue damage under two level loading[J]. J Mech Strength. 16(3), 647–656 (1994)Google Scholar