Design in BME: Challenges, Issues, and Opportunities
Whitaker Foundation White Paper
- First Online:
- 186 Downloads
- 1.Assessment and Assessment Tools for Design, Paul King, available at http://vubme.vuse.vanderbilt.edu/King/assessment_and_assessment_tools.htm, Vanderbilt University, [accessed 3/28/05].
- 2.BME Innovation, Design & Entrepreneurship Alliance, available at http://bme-idea.org/ [accessed 3/28/05].
- 3.BME Program Design Summary, Shared Resources, BME-IDEA. Available at http://www.bme-idea.org/resources/BME-IDEA_WhitakerSummary.pdf [accessed 3/28/05].
- 4.2005–2006. Criteria for Accrediting Engineering Programs, Engineering Accreditation Commission, available at http://www.abet.org/images/Criteria/E00105-06EACCriteria11-17-04.pdf, ABET, Inc. Baltimore MD 21202, [accessed 3/28/05].
- 5.In: Getting it Right, R&D Methods for Science and Engineering, edited by P. Bock New York: Academic, 2001, Table13.13, p. 323.Google Scholar
- 6.Outcomes of a Biomedical Engineering Design Education Workshop. In: Proceedings of the ASEE Annual Conference & Exposition, edited by P. H. King, J. Walker, S. Brophy, J. Goldberg, R. Fries, J. Gassert, and P. Yock, 2003.Google Scholar
- 7.Whitaker Foundation Biomedical Engineering Educational Summit II, Lansdowne, VA, March 3–6, 2005.Google Scholar
© Biomedical Engineering Society 2006