Analysis of chaos behaviors of a bistable piezoelectric cantilever power generation system by the second-order Melnikov function
- 161 Downloads
By applying the second order Melnikov function, the chaos behaviors of a bistable piezoelectric cantilever power generation system are analyzed. Firstly, the conditions for emerging chaos of the system are derived by the second order Melnikov function. Secondly, the effects of each item in chaos threshold expression are analyzed. The excitation frequency and resistance values, which have the most influence on chaos threshold value, are found. The result from the second order Melnikov function is more accurate compared with that from the first order Melnikov function. Finally, the attraction basins of large amplitude motions under different exciting frequency, exciting amplitude, and resistance parameters are given.
KeywordsBistable piezoelectric cantilever beam Second order Melnikov function Homoclinic bifurcation Basin of attraction
The project was supported by the National Natural Science Foundation of China (Grant 11172199).
- 1.Cao, D.X., Wu, P., Zhang, W., et al.: Nonlinear vibration of a novel piezoelectric vibration energy harvester. J. Dyn. Control 13, 300–307 (2015). (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- 4.Nguyen, D.S., Halvorsen, E., Jensen, G., et al.: Fabrication and characterization of a wideband MEMS energy harvester utilizing nonlinear sprin. J. Micromech. Microeng. 20, 125009 (2010)Google Scholar
- 5.Chen, L.Q., Jiang, W.A.: A piezoelectric energy harvester based on internal resonance. Acta Mech. Sin. 31, 223–228 (2015)Google Scholar
- 10.Wang, W., Cao, J.Y., Lin, J., et al.: Nonlinear bistable energy harvester from human motion. J. Xi’an JiaoTong Univ. 49, 58–63 (2015). (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- 12.Sun, S., Cao, S.Q.: Dynamic modeling and analysis of a bistable piezoelectric cantilever power generation system. Acta Phys. Sin. 60, 20120505 (2012). (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- 15.Liu, Z.R.: The Perturbation Criteria for Chaos. ShangHai Technology and Education Press, Shang Hai (1994). (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- 16.Gong, P.L., Xu, J.X., Sun, Z.C.: The influence of weak parametric periodic perturbation on safe basin and the control of fractal erosion basin. Acta Phys. Sin. 50, 841–846 (2001). (in Chinese)Google Scholar